Spurs vs Liverpool - facts and stats
15 December 2013|Tottenham Hotspur
Here are the key statistics and a few facts ahead of Sunday's clash against Liverpool.
We kick-off at the Lane at 4pm.
- We have won our last five home Premier League games v Liverpool (six in all competitions).
- This is our longest home winning PL run against the Reds. We had won four in a row from December 1998 to April 2002.
- We are currently on our best run of consecutive home league wins against Liverpool in our history, prior to winning the last five PL clashes at the Lane, our best successive winning run was four victories set from November 1909 to March 1913 and December 1998 to April 2002.
- We are unbeaten in our last five home league games v Liverpool (all PL wins). This is our longest unbeaten home league run against the Reds since an eight-match unbeaten home league run from March 1977 to October 1984 (won four, drawn four).
- We’ve won 11 of our 21 home PL meetings with Liverpool (drawn five, lost five). We have only won more home PL games against Newcastle and Everton (both 12) in the PL era.
- Today we can beat our clean-sheet total for the whole of last season in all competitions. We have kept 14 clean-sheets in our 25 games in all competitions this season. We kept 14 clean-sheets in 54 games last season.
- We're unbeaten this season when we’ve opened the scoring this season in all competitions – 15 wins, three draws (including the penalty shoot-out win v Hull as draw).
- Unbeaten in the PL in the last 19 matches when we’ve opened the scoring (15 wins, four draws).
- Unbeaten in all competitions this season when we’ve scored – 17 wins, three draws.
- Unbeaten in the PL this season when we’ve scored – eight wins, two draws.
- We have won four matches in the PL era from losing positions against Liverpool (three home, one away).
- We have gained 15 points in total from losing positions against Liverpool in the PL era with 11 of those coming at the Lane.
- We have most PL wins this season when we've been drawing at half-time (six). Also won more games than any other club in the same situation last season (11 wins).
- Won more PL points than any other side when we’ve been drawing at half-time this season (20 points).
- Aaron Lennon has scored two goals in his last three PL appearances v Liverpool – scored in our 2-1 home win in November 2010 and 2-1 home win in November 2012. He has only scored more PL goals against Wigan and Bolton (both three).
- Sandro - Won all three PL appearances v Liverpool (two at the Lane, one at Anfield).