Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Souley strikes just in time!

Souleymane Coulibaly fired our Under-18s into the fourth round of the FA Youth Cup with an injury time winner at Stevenage on Wednesday night.

Souleymane Coulibaly fired our Under-18s into the fourth round of the FA Youth Cup with an injury time winner at Stevenage on Wednesday night.

The young striker was in the right place at the right time to convert Jack Barthram's cross with the clock showing 94 minutes on the digital scoreboard at the Lamex Stadium.

The lads will now travel to Cardiff City in the fourth round, date TBC.

Stevenage provided the test coach Alex Inglethorpe expected in an end-to-end third round encounter.

In truth, the game could have been beyond the home side as we dominated the first half.

Shaq Coulthirst, skipper on the night, handed the team the perfect start when he fired home from the edge of the box in the sixth minute.


Coulibaly dipped an effort just over, Coulthirst headed the lively Kenneth McEvoy's cross onto the roof of the net, Coulibaly was denied by home goalkeeper Jake Knight and then on a quick break, Rubin Lameiras played in Ollie Modeste, who was denied again by Knight.

Adeoye Yusuff forced Billy Granger into a save low to his right in the 35th minute but play soon switched to the other end where Knight produced a double save to keep out Coulibaly and Dominic Ball.

The best chance of doubling the lead arrived in the 38th minute when Jack Munns was upended in the penalty box, but Coulthirst dragged his spot-kick wide left. That was his last action as he limped off in the 44th minute, replaced on the left by Grant Ward.

To their credit, Stevenage managed to turn the tide in the second half.

After a couple of scrambles, they got back on level terms just before the hour when Chris Pitharas guided home Jimmy Hartley's corner at the near post.

Granger did well to turn Pitharas' curler wide but the goalkeeper could do little when Diack Hunter lobbed back a punch in the 69th minute, the ball landing narrowly wide.

The ascendancy appeared with the home side at this point but we dug deep and found another gear in the final 15 minutes.

Ball stabbed just wide from Munns' corner, Knight did well to hold onto the midfielder's 25-yarder and he then saved bravely as Coulibaly threw himself in to meet McEvoy's cross.

George Allen did well to clear another McEvoy cross from under the crossbar and then Coulibaly missed the target from close range via another Munns' corner.


Quick feet from Munns opened up a shooting chance in the final minute and when Knight turned that effort away, you felt it had to be extra time, but the lads had one final move in them.

Munns got on the ball again centrally and played wide left to Barthram bombing forward from full-back, he delivered the perfect cross and Coulibaly provided the finish.

Stevenage (4-2-3-1): Knight; Hartley, Allen, Parsons, Dhillon (Towner, 78); McCall, N'Guessan; Dujon (Morrison-Derbyshire, 69), Diack, Pitharas; Yusuff. Unused subs: Porcelli, Gordon.

Spurs U18s (4-1-2-3): Granger; Barthram, Ekong (Yeboah, 85), Stewart, Modeste; Ball; Munns, Lameiras (Zapata-Caicedo, 66); McEvoy, Coulibaly, Coulthirst (Ward, 44). Unused subs: McGee, Michael-Percil.