Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Ladies double dream fades

Our title-winning Spurs Ladies' dreams of a league and cup double ended in penalty shoot-out agony on Sunday.

Our title-winning Spurs Ladies' dreams of a league and cup double ended in penalty shoot-out agony on Sunday.

The South-East Combination champions twice looked set to take their place in the final against Cambridge Women, only for Luton Town to hit back twice and then take the shoot-out 5-4.

The squad was presented with the championship trophy after the match and can now look forward to life in the FA Women's Premier League South next season.

"Penalties is a horrible way to lose a match and it's happened to us twice this season," said manager Karen Hills.

"I'm very proud of all the ladies who have been part of the squad this season and they can now have a well-earned rest before all the hard work starts again in July."


Spurs Ladies 2-2 Luton Town

(After extra time, Luton Town won 5-4 on penalties)

It was a case of so near, yet so far for Spurs Ladies after Luton hauled themselves back from the brink twice before winning a penalty shoot-out in Sunday's SE Combination League Cup, semi-final.

It just wasn't to be for the ladies, who led 1-0 with only 10 minutes remaining of normal time before taking a 2-1 lead two minutes from the end of extra time, only to let the visitors back into the game on both occasions.

But ultimately, they paid the price for failing to capitalise on a host of chances created, especially in the first half.

Spurs bossed the first half but only had one goal to show for it when Nicola Cable played an inch-perfect pass for Sam Pittuck to score.

Luton pressed more in the second half but more chances were created, many from Jenna Schillaci's wide play and corners.

The Hatters levelled with just about their first clear-cut chance as visitors' striker was first to react to a fine save from Lou. That took the game into extra time.

Both teams played with caution in the first period of extra time with Rosi Webb closest to scoring, heading just over.

With two minutes remaining, the ball was lofted into the Luton box and Christina Oshodi was there to convert for 2-1.

But just as the game looked won, Luton hit back straight away. The ball went forward straight from the kick-off and was lashed home from the edge of the box for 2-2 and penalties.

"It was disappointing because Luton basically had two chances and scored two goals," said Karen.

"We created so many chances but couldn't find the back of the net.

"It was such a sad way to go out but the ladies picked up the league trophy and their medals afterwards and they can all be proud of that achievement."