Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Fergie fires ressies to win

Tottenham Hotspur (Spurs) Football Club is located in North London. The club is also known as Spurs. Tottenham's home ground is White Hart Lane. The club motto is Audere est Facere (To dare is to do).

Steven Ferguson timed his return to the scoresheet to perfection as our young reserves got back on the winning trail on Monday night.

'Fergie', who has battled against injuries this season, grabbed what turned out to be the winner right on the stroke of half-time at Stevenage Borough.

It was his first goal since the first reserve game of the season and deservedly handed Colin Calderwood's lads their first win in four games.

Charlton almost pinched an equaliser in injury time as lively substitute Jamal Campbell-Ryce fired across goal and the stretched leg of Charlie Macdonald diverted the ball inches wide but that would have been harsh after we dictated most of the play.

Ben Thatcher and John Piercy were the players with Premiership experience in a starting line-up that included five Under-19 regulars, four young professionals and Shwan Jalal in goal in his competitive debut for the reserves.

Charlton fielded a more experienced side including Sasa Ilic in goal, Andy Todd, Martin Pringle and Macdonald.

David Galbraith handed us the perfect start after just seven minutes. Charlton failed to deal with John Piercy's corner, Steve Ferguson latched onto it and Galbraith was there to dink home the loose ball.

Piercy, busy as ever in midfield, rifled a shot wide after 14 minutes but it was another 10 minutes before either keeper was tested again, this time Jalal comfortably fielding Macdonald's shot.

Jalal impressed in his debut for the second string, kicked well, looked strong aerially and confident.

Unfortunately he could do nothing about Charlton's equaliser. The pacy Lewis clipped in a cross that looked to have drifted out safely only for referee Mr Kettle to point to the penalty spot. Macdonald made no mistake for 1-1, 37 minutes on the clock.

Another Piercy corner caused problems, this time Todd blocked Ron Henry's goalbound effort, before we grabbed the lead again on the stroke of half-time.

Thatcher was involved in the build up that eventually led to John Jackson playing a one-two with George Snee, bravely going in for the 50-50 with Ilic and the ball popped up nicely for Ferguson to tap into an empty net.

Stephen Kelly, whose right-side promptings again caught the eye, created the first chance of the second half but his superb cross, in the 'corridor of uncertainty' between six-yard line and goalkeeper, just failed to find Yannick Kamanan at the far post.

Play was mostly between the penalty areas as Piercy and Jackson got a stranglehold on possession.

The were few chances at either end until the final seconds when first Macdonald slid wide from close range and then, right on the whistle, the ball seemed to bounce around for an eternity before being cleared.

All in all though a fine performance, a deserved win and more experience for the youngsters.

Spurs Reserves: Jalal, S Kelly, Thatcher, Henry, O'Donoghue, Piercy, Snee, Jackson (Marney 82), Ferguson (Sutton 77), Kamanan (72), Galbraith.

Charlton Reserves: Ilic, Dean, Lewis, Shields, Turner, Todd, McCafferty (Campbell-Ryce), Collis, Pringle, Macdonald, Martin.