Stadium recognised in RIBA National Awards
Thu 09 September 2021, 09:00|Tottenham Hotspur
Following our recent London region award, we can now confirm that Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has been named among the winners of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) National Awards 2021.
The RIBA has been celebrating outstanding architectural work for over 180 years, with its awards regarded internationally as a mark of excellence, recognising the best architecture, architects, research and students.
As a winner of a National Award, the stadium is now eligible for the prestigious 2021 Stirling Prize as ‘Building of the Year’, the shortlist for which will be announced on 16 September.
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has now picked up 17 industry awards since its opening in April, 2019, across categories including structural engineering, architecture, building design, branding and wayfinding, and inclusivity:
• Design Project of the Year at The Building Awards.
• Best Inclusive Building at LABC Awards (for Tottenham Experience).
• WIN (World Interiors News) Gold Award – for the general concourse design in the Leisure and Entertainment Interiors category.
• WIN (World Interiors News) Gold Award – for branding and wayfinding.
• WAN (World Architecture News) Bronze Award – for architecture in the Leisure category.
• Structural Steel Design Awards 2019 – Project of the Year.
• The Institution of Structural Engineers Award for Long-Span Structures.
• The Institution of Structural Engineers Award for Supreme Award for Engineering Excellence.
• AJ Architecture Awards – Leisure Project of the Year.
• TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards – Project of the Year.
• TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards – Interior & Fit-Out Award for the High Street Concourse.
• TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2020 – Venue of the Year.
• Mondo*dr Awards 2020.
• Prix Versailles Awards, Sports Category – World Special Prize for Interiors.
• LABC Building Excellence Awards – Best Large Commercial Project.
• RIBA London Awards, 2021.
• RIBA National Awards, 2021.