Player Development programmes set to return
Thu 23 July 2020, 17:02|Tottenham Hotspur
• After months of engaging with young players virtually, the Club’s Player Development programmes are set to return to their exclusive venues.
• Summer holiday courses for 5- to 12-year-olds are selling out fast, but a limited number of places are still available for booking.
• With social distancing in mind, players will train in small groups and equipment will be deep cleaned between each session.
• College Programmes have returned at Barnet & Southgate and Hertford Regional, with additional health and safety measures in place. Programmes at New City College – Epping, Hackney, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets sites – will commence from 27 July.
• Programmes have received the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard from VisitBritain, which confirms that a business adheres to Government and public health guidance.
Having supported youngsters on our Player Development programmes virtually throughout the lockdown, we are delighted to now be getting back out on the grass.
Following the latest government guidance on the phased return of outdoor sports, we have begun to restart our College and Player Development Programmes, enabling young players to continue their progression with strict health and safety measures in place.
Summer Player Development programmes
The Club’s innovative Virtual Player Development platform, which sees our coaches deliver tailored training material and technical sessions via Zoom, has so far allowed us to impact 70,000 young players from around the world and support their development at home. This included delivering our first ever virtual Player Development Programme during May half-term.
Now, we are excited to be relaunching our in-person summer programmes to coincide with the school holidays.
These aim to progress each young footballer to their full potential and give them a true taste of training like a pro.
Working closely with The FA, we have adapted our Player Development Programmes to meet the highest standards of safety, while maintaining our world-renowned training methods taken directly from Academy and First Team sessions.
This has seen us receive the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard from VisitBritain, which confirms that a business adheres to Government and public health guidance.
In order to ensure that programmes are delivered in the safest possible environment for players and coaches, session timings will be staggered and group sizes reduced to one coach to eight players, with equipment and facilities deep cleaned between each session.
Programmes will run from Monday 27 July for five weeks at premium venues across Essex, London and Hertfordshire.
College Programmes have now resumed at two of our Football and Education Development Centres.
These centres enable 16- to 18-year-olds to take a variety of BTEC courses while completing our comprehensive football programme.
After 10 weeks of virtual training during the lockdown, small groups of students at Barnet & Southgate and Hertford Regional College took part in technical sessions with our team of UEFA and FA-qualified coaches. The next cohort of players will begin their pre-season programme later in July.
Alongside these centres, we are delighted to be extending our partnership with New City College to cover its Epping Forest, Redbridge, Hackney and Tower Hamlets campuses.
Find out more about our College Programmes at: