HND Stadium and Event Management
In partnership with Hertford Regional College
Tottenham Hotspur Foundation is pleased to offer, in partnership with Hertford Regional College, the opportunity for students to study on the new Higher National Diploma (HND) in Stadium and Event Management.
Classes will be taught in world-class facilities at Hertford Regional College’s Ware Campus and Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
This course enables students to pursue a career in several fields including:
- Stadium management
- Sports and event management
- Box office operations
- Venue and event marketing
- Food and beverage
- Corporate sales
On completion, they may choose to top up to an honours degree course at university or go straight into employment.
The course lasts for two years and is delivered at Levels 4 and 5, equivalent to years one and two of an honours degree and on completion students achieve the award of HND. (Students who leave after completing year one will normally achieve the Higher National Certificate (HNC) award.) Each year is divided into two semesters and students will usually study for 2 days a week plus the mandatory work placement at the Club.
Work placement opportunities will be available with the Foundation’s Matchday Volunteering Kiosk and the Club’s official caterer Levy Restaurants.
Year 1 Units
- Introduction to Work Placement
- The Event Industry
- Introduction to Stadium and Event Management
- Customer Service
- Crowd and Risk Management
- Events and Society
- Principles of Marketing and Communication
Year 2 Units
- Principles of Operations Management
- Development of Professional Skills
- Practical Project
- Financial Management
- Brand Management
- Minimum age of 18
- 120 UCAS points from appropriate Level 3 qualifications (BTEC Extended Diploma, 2 A levels)
- GCSE minimum grade C in English and Maths or equivalent – In certain circumstances, applicants without a minimum grade C at GCSE or equivalent in Maths and/or English may be accepted but must agree to complete these Level 2 qualifications in addition to their Level 4 study
- Applicants who can demonstrate previous relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis
- If English is not the applicant’s first language, the IELTS qualification demonstrating competence in English is necessary
- A minimum, overall band score of 5.0 is required
Applications can be made via UCAS or directly to Hertford Regional College.