Further recognition for new stadium
Thu 28 November 2019, 15:54|Tottenham Hotspur
Our stadium project was named a winner in two categories at Tuesday night’s TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards 2019 held at Hilton, London Wembley.
TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards recognise leadership, innovation and achievement in the design, development, construction and refurbishment of major sports venue facilities globally.
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium was named Project of the Year for a completed new-build – or expansion, modernisation or major capital enhancement project of an existing venue – that has delivered on all its goals and more.
The stadium was nominated alongside leading schemes from around the world, including Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta; Chase Center, San Francisco; Coca-Cola Arena, Dubai; Allianz Field, Minnesota; Al Janoub Stadium, Al-Wakrah and Estadio Alfredo Harp Helú (Diablos Rojos), Mexico City.
Judges said: “This is a project which totally changes the football stadium landscape in the UK and Europe. The focus on the fan experience has driven every aspect of the project. The result is simply stunning.”
The stadium also picked up the Interior & Fit-Out Award, which recognises an interior, hospitality, fan zone, concourse or makeover project that sets a new industry standard for interior design and fit-out in major sports venues.
Judges added: “Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is a game changer from both a customer experience and commercial perspective.”
Awards for our new home
The stadium has now picked up 11 industry awards since its opening in April in categories including structural engineering, architecture, building design, branding and wayfinding, and inclusivity, including:
• Design Project of the Year @ The Building Awards
• Best Inclusive Building @ LABC Awards (for Tottenham Experience)
• WIN (World Interiors News) Gold Award – for the general concourse design in the Leisure and Entertainment Interiors category
• WIN (World Interiors News) Gold Award – for branding and wayfinding
• WAN (World Architecture News) Bronze Award – for architecture in the Leisure category
• Structural Steel Design Awards 2019 - Project of the Year
• The Institution of Structural Engineers Award for Long-Span Structures
• The Institution of Structural Engineers Award for Supreme Award for Engineering Excellence
• AJ Architecture Awards – Leisure Project of the Year
• TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards – Project of the Year
• TheStadiumBusiness Design & Development Awards - Interior & Fit-Out Award for the High Street Concourse