Tottenham Hotspur Foundation and Southgate College have created an exciting new opportunity for girls aged 16 to 18, combining academic studies with football coaching.
The Female Education and Football Development Centre allows students to train every day, play friendly and competitive matches against other Academies and Clubs, and work with qualified coaches from Tottenham Hotspur Foundation. The education element will take place at Southgate College.
The benefits and highlights of the scheme include:
- A range of courses available, including BTEC Level 1 to 3 in Sport
- Other courses including Football Coaching Awards (Level 1 and 2), CYQ Assistant Instructors Award, Award in Sports Leadership in the Community and other vocational awards
- Compulsory completion or functional skills in English and Maths
- Football training and specific fitness sessions delivered by qualified UEFA ‘A' and ‘B' licenced coaches from the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation
- A full schedule of regular training and games
- FREE training and playing kit
- Close links and progression to Tottenham Hotspur Ladies
- Visits to national, regional and local sports venues, as well as to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
The second round of trials for the 2010/11 scheme will take place in June.
If you are interested in attending the trials or have any questions about the scheme, please contact Karen Hills - Tottenham Hotspur Foundation Women and Girls' Development Officer - on 020 8365 5134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org