Reporting Structure: To report to Post 16 Education Development Manager
£26,000 to £28,000 - This is a full-time position based on 35 hours per week.
The post holder will be responsible for the development and delivery of evidence based Global Coaching Education and Coaching programmes across the college. The post holder will also be expected to ensure that Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and its mission, reputation and activities are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
To deliver a full range of services associated with programmes of teaching, learning assessment and student support
• To deliver high quality, team specific coaching programmes that reflects the brand and mission of Tottenham Hotspur Global Coaching
• To deliver high quality and teaching and lecturing on modules as specified by designated line manager, including the appropriate preparation and delivery of materials and resources
• Plan, organise and support students in regular competitive activities against other colleges
• Deliver appropriate BTEC levels with students in line with the curriculum guidelines and Manager
• To ensure effective link of between the pitch and classroom e.g. link coaching programmes with module outcomes and potential career and HE opportunities
• Monitor targets for student recruitment, enrolment, attendance, punctuality, retention and achievement and report to curriculum manager
• To ensure that programmes consistently promote high expectations and aspirations for students
• To effectively support young people to develop their learning power to effectively cope with and manage the learning demands of their course of study
• To ensure and manage good timekeeping, planning, preparation and delivery of sessions
• To produce appropriate schemes of work including session plans and adaptations that respond to feedback
• Undertake the role of personal tutor to groups of learners and maintain high levels of pastoral support to all learner as appropriate including day to day management of learning and possible links with employers
• Support the maintenance of students discipline, student attendance, operation of college student discipline policy and maintenance of high standards of campus life generally
• To have an extensive knowledge of the clubs coaching philosophy
• To work effectively as part of the college team
• To maintain all relevant course document and student record in line with quality assurance procedures
• Organise and supervise student placements as required – this includes regular match day activitiesUndertake entry phase activities such as the interviewing, assessment and induction for students
• To continuously review and recommend changes in the curriculum that meets the needs of the college local communities government priorities and awarding bodies
• Work proactively to secure constant quality improvement and student completion and achievement of the highest possible standards
• Review and evaluate provision and performance including the value added measures
• To ensure learners are registration exam entry procedures enrolled, withdrawn where necessary and adhere to
• To adhere to the Risk Management policy and to notify their line manager of any identified risk
• Proactively contribute to curriculum area and participate in college events recruitment fairs, marketing and publicity
• Undertake additional measures to improve teaching and learning grade e.g. sharing good practice peer observation critical friend etc and ensure that the action plan from the observation grade is followed
• Ensure compliance with internal / external verifiers and awarding body requirements
• To ensure that your programme area meets the assessment and quality assurance requirements of the appropriate awarding bodies
• Work at all times as part of a programme learning area and undertake related lead roles as necessary
• Appropriate Coaching qualification
• Teacher Training qualification such as PGCE or DTLLS
• GCSEs C or above in English and Maths (or equivalent)
• Assessor and verifier qualification
Skills and abilities
▪ Ability to work to deadlines and time manage effectively
▪ Good communication and presentation skills
▪ Good knowledge of ICT
▪ Good administrative and report writing skills
▪ Good organisational and time management skills
Behaviour consistent with creating a quality environment for participants & partners across all Tottenham Hotspur Global Coaching projects & programmes. To maintain the professional image of THF and the College by dressing appropriately for the duties you are undertaking and by demonstrating excellent time keeping while undertaking such duties
The job holder will commit and conform to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club procedures, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club procedures and codes of conduct, including Tottenham Hotspur’s Child Protection Policy and Procedures, Equal Opportunities Policy and health and safety at work – reflecting the Club’s and Foundation’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The jobholder will have responsibility for promoting: ethics, safeguarding and the welfare of children – the Club expects all staff to share this commitment.
This role requires managing staff who work with children and may involve contact with children (under 18s)/vulnerable adults. This is a position of trust and Regulated Activity. It is subject to safer recruitment protocols, including CRB Disclosure at Enhanced Level, satisfactory references and a six-month probationary period. This job description gives a general outline of the post and is not intended to be inflexible or a final list of duties. It may therefore be amended from time-to-time in consultation with the post holder. Appointment is subject to the Terms and Conditions of service of Tottenham Hotspur.
This job description and person specification are correct as at 20/06/17 save that they will be subject to inclusion of changes that are needed to cope with the needs of the job and in the interests of health and safety. The nature of the post is that it is under regular review and all changes that occur in practice will be deemed to be incorporated into this job description whether or not a written change is made.
Job Title: College Programme Leader
Department: Global Coaching
• Will be required to have a Coaching qualification at …
• Will be required to obtain a teaching / project management qualification or equivalent professional qualification/recognition within an agreed timescale
• Demonstration of an advanced level of subject knowledge and of being an externally regarded teacher or scholar.
▪ DTLLS / PTLLS
• An ability to keep abreast of, and lead developments in, teaching and scholarship specific to the subject area, demonstrated through e.g. attendance at conferences, external contacts and publication of research.
• An ability to support students both academically and pastorally.
• An ability to lead and/or work as part of a team.
▪ Proven track record of partnership working across college programmes
▪ Experience of working with a range of monitoring and evaluation systems
Excellent people skills and understands the specific considerations of young people and adults. Organised and punctual at all times.
Accepts personal accountability for actions.
Behaviour consistent with creating a quality environment for participants & partners across all Tottenham Hotspur projects & programmes.
closing date is 7th July 2017 and CV’s to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 06 July 2017
Interview dates : 18 July 2017
Position Commences : 21 August 2017
Click here to download application form
Higher Education Sports Lecturer
(Football Coaching & Performance and Research Methods.) fixed term
Position Commences : 21 August 2017
An excellent job opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Store Manager to assist with the running of the Club’s High Road store.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver excellent customer service and sales skills, keeping to the agreed shop layout plans and standards of merchandising to maximise sales and profit through product placement, and reviewing and implementing all cash handling and till procedures.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times, both individually and through the team.
- Delivering highest standards of stock presentation, to drive
sales densities in store.
- Accurately and safely handling cash throughout the store, supported
by regular training and checking of individual and store performance.
- Ensuring staffing levels provide excellent customer service at all
trading periods by effective labour scheduling.
- Coaching and training the team to perform at high standards and
deliver on KPI’s.
- Achieving sales and profit targets.
- Stock holding and wastage.
- Complying with good health and safety.
The role requires all candidates to have an understanding of P&L and the setting of targets, together with an experience of mystery shopping results. An element of flexibility is required within this role.
All applicants must have at least 3 years’ management experience within retail, and ideally in a leading fast paced environment.
Closing deadline: Wednesday 5 July 2016
To apply, please send a full CV and covering letter of no more than 500 words, to email@example.com
REPORTS TO: Heritage Learning Officer, Haringey Council
Educational Maintenance Grant: £3,900 over three months
Hours: 35 hours per week for 12 weeks, full time (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm with a one hour lunch break)
Closing date for applications: 18 June, 5pm
Please send CV and cover letter to Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: w/c 19 June
Traineeship period: 26 June – 15 September 2017
Purpose of Post
The traineeship will provide suitable candidates in a broad range of heritage skills, administrative skills and project development, in order to be able to progress into roles within community and heritage organisations. This is part of the North Tottenham Townscape Heritage Initiative (THI) funded by Heritage Lottery Fund and Haringey Council and supported by Tottenham Hotspur Foundation (THF).
Candidates must be aged between 16 and 24, unemployed or working less than 16 hours per week, not on a full-time college course, and not have a Level 3 qualification.
Context of the Post
The traineeship will be a combination of training and work experience. It will be supported by regular lessons, training days, assessments and support. It will involve a work plan with communities and individuals. For two days per week you will focus on Employability Skills or Maths and English Functional Skills Level 2 with specially trained tutors at Tottenham Hotspurs Foundation. For three days per week you will undertake work experience and training with North Tottenham THI to build confidence in heritage and conservation.
Adam Stoneman - Heritage Learning Officer, Haringey Council
Duties and Responsibilities
Skills, aptitude, knowledge and experience
Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Familiarity with word processing
A strong interest in Tottenham’s history and heritage
An interest in, and commitment to working with community groups/ organisations
Willingness to develop networking skills
Willingness to learn
Knowledge of heritage/conservation
Experience of volunteering
Motivated, out-going, self-starter
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
An undertaking and commitment to working creatively to promote equal opportunities
Flexibility – occasionally working hours might be changed
A reasonable standard of literacy and numeracy
A positive approach to completing relevant short courses and qualifications
Completion of relevant short courses
Tottenham Hotspur Foundation
Tottenham Hotspur Foundation is offering you the opportunity of a Coaching Traineeship at White Hart Lane stadium.
During this 12 week traineeship in Administration, Education, Health or Community Development you will be placed with the appropriate team in the foundation office during the 12 week placement.
The eligibility criteria we are looking for is, 16-24 year olds, unemployed and not in full time education. Next to this, you cannot hold a qualification higher than a level 2 or equivalent.
The Traineeship has 3 key elements:
Position: Full Time Community Coach
To secure a place or/and an information pack please contact: Mathijs Leenhouts email@example.com.
View mobile site
© Tottenham Hotspur Ltd 2017. All rights reserved.
All photography copyright Getty Images (unless otherwise stated)