Bag Policy and Prohibited Items
Lets be clear
We have a restricted bag policy at the Stadium. Any bag must adhere to the below guidelines or it will not be permitted into the stadium.
Bags will be checked at an outer cordon as you approach the Entrances.
*All permissible bags will be carefully searched*
Bags NOT permitted
These include, but are not limited to, large bags greater than A4 in size (21cm long x 30cm high)
- Personal bags of A4 size or smaller (21cm long x 30cm high)
- Club-branded Spurs PVC Drawstring Bag, which can be purchased through our Online Spurs Shop, or a reusable drawstring bag for life for £1 from the Tottenham Experience.
- Clear carrier bags – maximum size of 30cm long x 30cm high. Those issued with every purchase in Spurs Shops pre-match (charged at 10p) will meet the criteria. You must NOT put any personal bags that do not meet our criteria within these bags
- Laptop sleeves which are no larger than 37cm x 31 cm. This is the size of our Club-branded Spurs PVC Drawstring Bag.
Umbrellas are permitted, up to 1m in size. Umbrellas MUST always be kept folded inside the stadium.
Our Bag Policy has been developed to ensure a safe environment for all and to significantly speed up access into the stadium for those coming without bags. Those choosing to bring a bag to the stadium, which meets the above criteria, should be aware that they will be delayed whilst their bag is searched by our security team.
The Club does not operate a “left luggage service” at the Stadium. Any services provided by external sources are not controlled by the Stadium and if you choose to utilise these facilities, you do so at your own risk. You can expect queues before & after the match.
If you have a medical condition that requires you to bring a bag or other equipment, please email our Access team.
All visitors to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, and their belongings, are subject to a search at the venue.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Bags which do not adhere to the specified Bag Policy (medical exemptions apply)
- Bottles of any kind, glass vessels, cans, flasks
- Food (Discretion may be shown for children’s snacks)
- Liquids of any kind (including water and alcohol. The stadium has multiple water fountains throughout)
- Umbrellas greater than 1m in size
- Laptop sleeves larger than 37cm x 31cm in size and any laptop bags
- Flares, smoke cannisters, air horns, laser devices
- Unlicensed musical instruments and other devices capable of causing a disturbance or nuisance
- Darts, frisbees (and similar items)
- Dangerous or hazardous items
- Illegal substances
- Fireworks, explosives or ammunition
- Knives, blades, firearms and weapons of any kind
- Scooters, skateboards and other skates
- Flags, Signs or banners that do not meet our Flag and Banner Policy
- Flagpoles greater than 1m in length
- Spray paint, large industrial style ‘permanent’ marker pens
- Transmitting devices
- Professional cameras (including cameras with interchangeable lenses) and recording devices
- Unauthorised fliers, illegal merchandise items, illegal charity collection utensils
- Motorbike helmets
- Animals (except service dogs and assistance dogs)
- Prams and pushchairs (this may be assessed for each event – please check the relevant event page for further information)
Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Stadium.
Any article which is deemed to be offensive/abusive, compromises public safety, or might be used as a weapon will be confiscated and reported to the police.
Please be aware that the information provided is subject to change without notice. Additionally, third party event owners may have their own list of prohibited items which supersedes venue policies. These lists will be published and communicated to visitors as far in advance as possible.
We welcome supporters who wish to bring flags to matches at our stadium.
Flags should be no more than 250cm in size at their widest or longest section and flagpoles must be no greater than 1m in length.
Flags must not obstruct gangways, access routes, exits and entrances, health and safety signage and stairways.
In order to ensure smooth access and display of your flag we advise that you have it pre-approved. You can do this by emailing our Supporter Services team a minimum of one week prior to bringing the flag to a match.
We reserve the right to deny permission or confiscate flags if they are above an acceptable size, compromise public safety or obscure someone’s view or a camera position.
The Club has always considered that a football match is a time to show allegiance to a football team first and foremost. A football match is not an appropriate arena to display flags of any political or religious affiliation or anything that could possibly be considered inflammatory – this can include national flags during times of political conflicts, campaigns or issues.
We shall liaise with other clubs concerning the application of our policy at away matches.