Stevie P returns for signing session on Saturday
Thu 05 December 2019, 17:50|Tottenham Hotspur
Our legendary former captain Steve Perryman will be back in the Spurs Shop at the Tottenham Experience to sign copies of his new book ‘A Spur Forever’ before and after Saturday’s match against Burnley.
‘A Spur Forever’ documents Steve’s life at Spurs and beyond – from his arrival as a schoolboy training at the Club in 1966, signing as an apprentice in 1967 and then professional terms in 1969. He made his debut a little over 50 years ago – September, 1969 – and went on to become one of the biggest legends in the Club’s 137-year history.
Our record appearance-maker with 854 matches between 1969-1986, Steve first captained the team in 1972 and was handed the armband permanently in 1975, wearing it over 560 times in competition until his departure in 1986.
Steve won the League Cup twice (1971, 1973) and the UEFA Cup (1972) and then as captain, lifted the FA Cup in 1981 and 1982. Only suspension robbed him of holding aloft the UEFA Cup again in 1984 after he was booked in the first leg of the final.
After 17 years at Spurs, Steve played for Oxford and Brentford, who he also managed. He also had a spell at Watford before returning to Spurs as assistant manager in 1993. Steve had successful stints managing in Japan and was the director of football at Exeter from 2003-2018.
Saturday’s signing details
‘A Spur Forever’ includes a foreword by Steve’s team-mate and fellow legend Glenn Hoddle. The book is printed in full colour over 304 pages – including over 150 photographs - and has a wealth of memorabilia from Steve's career.
Steve will be in the Spurs Shop at the Tottenham Experience between 11am-2pm ahead of Saturday’s 3pm kick-off against Burnley, and then again between 5pm-6pm.
Please note: Timings subject to change. Fans will be able to get the book and one additional piece of memorabilia signed. Queue management will be in operation and can be closed, subject to demand. Photographs with Steve are subject to demand and at the discretion of management.
Steve has already held popular signing sessions in the Spurs Shop at the Tottenham Experience and in our Stevenage Spurs Shop in recent weeks.
Stevie P at Spurs
- Made a record 854 appearances for us between 1969-1986
- Record appearances for us in the league, FA Cup, League Cup and Europe
- First captained the team in 1972, then between 1975-1986
- Most honours at Spurs - UEFA Cup 1972, 1984; League Cup 1971, 1973; FA Cup 1981, 1982.
- Had to sit out the second leg of 1984 UEFA Cup Final through suspension
- Footballer of the Year in 1982
- Scored at least one league goal in 17 consecutive seasons - 1969 to 1985
- Played every FA Cup tie between January 1970 and March 1986, a run of 69 games
- Awarded MBE in 1986
- Capped once by England v Iceland in 1982