Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Youngsters notch five in Malaysia opener

04 January 2015|Tottenham Hotspur

Our Academy got off to a flying start at the Frenz Under-18 International Cup with a 5-0 win over Frenz United Malaysia on Sunday.

Shayon Harrison’s first half brace was added to by Ryan Loft, with Ismail Azzaoui and substitute Armani Daly on target after the interval to round off a convincing victory and secure our first three points in Group D.

“It was a very pleasing start to the tournament,” said Under-18s Coach Kieran McKenna after the game at Shah Alam Stadium in Selangor, Malaysia.

“We adapted to very warm and humid conditions very quickly and found our rhythm early in the game. We got an early goal and from then on there were a lot of pleasing aspects of the performance, so it’s a good base to build on.

“The Malaysia Spurs Supporters Club was there and the crowd was very vocal, so it made for a great atmosphere. We’ve played in a big stadium which is obviously a good experience for the boys and one that I’m sure they’ll remember.”

Harrison broke the deadlock nine minutes in, stabbing home after Azzaoui’s cross caused chaos among the Frenz defence.

Loft and Harrison both saw chances go begging before the latter doubled his tally on 34 minutes with a deft finish after a well-weighted ball over the top by Charlie Owens.

Loft flicked home number three at the near post a minute before half-time, while Azzaoui was denied by the woodwork when his header from Joe Muscatt’s cross from the left struck the post two minutes past the hour mark.

Azzaoui made no mistake three minutes later, though, as he latched onto Harrison’s pass and finished off a swift break to put us into a 4-0 lead.

He was substituted straight away along with Anthony Georgiou and it was the latter’s replacement, Armani Daly, who made it five on the 70-minute mark – finishing after Loft’s shot was blocked by the goalkeeper.

Loft forced a save from the custodian with an angled effort from the right side of the box, before a long ball over the top fell into the path of Kazaiah Sterling – only for the substitute to scoop off target with the goalkeeper rapidly advancing.

Our stopper Harry Voss was out quickly to thwart a quick Frenz attack at the edge of his box on 83 minutes, while Owens very nearly scored straight from a corner in the closing moments – the flight of the ball taking it onto the crossbar.

Our second game is against AIFF (India) on Tuesday, 8.30am UK time, 4.30pm local.

Spurs: Voss, Paul, Muscatt, Amos, Walkes, Maghoma, Georgiou (Daly 65), Owens, Loft, Harrison (Stylianides 70), Azzaoui (Sterling 65).