West Ham vs Spurs - pre-match facts and stats
15 August 2014|Tottenham Hotspur
Here are a few facts and stats ahead of our Premier League opener at Upton Park.
- We first played West Ham at Upton Park in the Football League in the old Division Two on March 13, 1920, a 2-1 defeat. We were promoted that season.
- West Ham were our last-ever Christmas Day opponents, a 2-1 loss at Upton Park in 1958.
- Five players have scored hat-tricks against West Ham, but none at Upton Park. The five are Frank Osbourne (1935), Jimmy Dimmock (1926), Dave Mackay (1962), Clive Allen (1987) and Gary Lineker (1992).
- Thirteen players have played for both teams in the Premier League - Jermain Defoe, Robbie Keane, Mido, Scott Parker, Teddy Sheringham, Bobby Zamora, Neil Ruddock, Paul Konchesky, Fredi Kanoute, Les Ferdinand, Matthew Etherington, Ilie Dumitrescu and Calum Davenport.
- We have won 17 of our 36 Premier League matches against West Ham, more than any other London club.
- Our next goal will be our 50th in the Premier League era against the Hammers.
- We've won more derbies in the Premier League at Upton Park than anywhere else in the capital.
- Saturday represents our 142nd meeting in all competitons against West Ham - we've won 59, drawn 35 and lost 47.
- It's our 37th meeting in the Premier League - we've won 17, drawn seven and lost 12 of the previous 36.
- We've only had three goalless draws against West Ham in the Premier League and we've scored in 27 of the 36 Premier League encounters.
- We've gained 17 points from losing positions in the Premier League era at Upton Park - five wins and two draws.
- Saturday represents the eighth time in the last 10 seasons we've played away on the first weekend of the Premier League.
- This time last season, we beat Crystal Palace 1-0 at Selhurst Park in our opener, Roberto Soldado on target from the spot.
- Younes Kaboul will make his 100th Premier League appearance for us if he plays at West Ham.