Villa 0-2 Spurs - the stats
22 October 2013|Tottenham Hotspur
The final word on our 2-0 win at Villa in the Premier League on Sunday in statistics...
Goals from Andros Townsend (31 minutes) and Roberto Soldado (69) secured the 2-0 win at Villa Park.
- We enjoyed 62.9 per cent possession against Villa, who had more efforts at goal than us (15-13), but we had seven attempts on target to Villa's four.
- We are now unbeaten in our last 11 meetings with Aston Villa in all competitions (eight wins). This is our longest unbeaten run in all competitions against Villa since a 24-match unbeaten run from September 1950 to March 1962.
- We’ve kept four clean-sheets in our last four meetings with Villa in all competitions. We last achieved this feat against the Villans as part of a four-match run from February 1961 to March 1962.
- Roberto Soldado's 69th-minute goal means 11 of our last 12 goals against Villa have been scored in the second half.
- We have won our last three trips to Villa Park. We last won three in a row from September 1984 to August 1986, all in the league. This is our longest unbeaten league run at Villa Park since an 11-match run (8 wins, 3 draws) from September 1950 to February 1962.
- We have lost only four of our last 30 matches in the Premier League (18 wins, eight draws) and only five of our last 22 away matches in the Premier League (13 wins, four draws).
- We've scored in 21 of our last 24 Premier League matches, and only failed to score against London clubs in this time.
- We have only lost one of the last 37 matches in the Premier League when we've been winning at half-time (31 wins, five draws).
- We have kept 10 clean-sheets in our 13 games in all competitions this season. We only kept nine clean-sheets in our first 30 games last season.
- Hugo Lloris has now kept 19 clean sheets in his 44 appearances for Spurs, and conceded one goal or less in 20 of his 28 Premier League matches for us.
- Vlad Chiriches made his Premier League debut for us at Villa, becoming the third Romanian to play for us in the Premier League after Ilie Dumitrescue and Gheorghe Popescu.
- Kyle Walker has now started 81 of our last 84 matches in the Premier League.
- Sandro made his first start in the Premier League since his injury at QPR on January 12. He is unbeaten in seven appearances against Villa, including six wins.
- Andros Townsend celebrated his first Premier League goal for us. His last Premier League goal was for QPR during his loan last season - in a 3-2 loss at Villa Park.