The Smartest Cookie
Tottenham Hotspur (Spurs) Football Club is located in North London. The club is also known as Spurs. Tottenham's home ground is White Hart Lane. The club motto is Audere est Facere (To dare is to do).
Welcome back to the Smartest Cookie where we continue with our attempt to seek out the brightest spark at the club!
Next to take on Round 1 of the 20-question challenge is midfielder Johnnie Jackson. Johnnie initially took the original set of questions and scored a maximum 20 but, following objections and a stewards inquiry, agreed to tackle a slightly tougher set.
1. What game is the climax of the NFL American Football season?
I get mixed up with the baseball - the play-offs? World Series? I don't know anything about American Football X
2. In which event did Ben Ainslie win an Olympic gold for Great Britain in the 2000 Sydney games - Rowing or Sailing?
3. In which European country is the port of Malmo?
4. In which US sport do you have to stay on a horse for as long as possible without being thrown off?
What's it called? Bronco or something... X
5. Which sport is also known as pugilism?
6. In which country is the Savannah River situated?
Don't know - Australia X
7. What name is given to the stick that is passed around between runners in a relay race?
8. Which sport is associated with the festival known as Cowes Week - Yaughting or Canoeing?
9. What is the rugby union touring team of Great Britain and Ireland known as?
10. How many deliveries normally make up an over in cricket?
11. The Royal & Ancient is the governing body of which Sport?
12. Friesian and Jersey are types of what?
13. Which TV comedy of the 70s and 80s originally featured 'The Fonz'?
14. In cricket, what does LBW stand for?
Leg before wicket
15. In politics, MPs who do not hold office in government or opposition are known as what - benchers?
16. If a car park has a capacity of 200, how many cars are there if it is three quarters full?
17. In TV, Angus Deayton played Victor and Margaret's neighbour in which BBC sitcom?
One Foot in the Grave
18. Which A is the second largest city in Belgium?
19. In Formula One, in which country would you find the track at Imola?
20. Which British stadium was the venue for the 2002 Champions League final?
Old Trafford X
Johnnie Jackson scores 13
Colin Calderwood 17
Shwan Jalal 16
Johnnie Jackson 13
Ben Bowditch 11