Spurs vs United - facts and stats
29 November 2013|Tottenham Hotspur
Here are the key statistics ahead of Sunday's huge clash against Manchester United at White Hart Lane.
We take on the reigning Premier League champions in a midday kick-off at the Lane.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Our biggest league win against United was by a four-goal margin, a 6-2 victory in the old Division One on October 24, 1962.
- The highest aggregate scoring game against United is eight goals, the last time that happened was United's 5-3 win at the Lane in September, 2001.
LEAGUE vs UNITED
- We were unbeaten in the both Premier League meetings for the first time against United last season.
- Last season represented our first unbeaten campaign against United since 1989-90.
- We ended a 22-match winless run with our 3-2 win at Old Trafford last season.
- That was our first win at Old Trafford in the Premier League era and our first in the league since Gary Lineker scored in a 1-0 win in the old Division One in December, 1989.
- Our biggest win against United so far in the Premier League era was a 4-1 victory on New Year's Day, 1996 with Chris Armstrong (2), Sol Campbell and Teddy Sheringham on target.
AT THE LANE vs UNITED
- Our last Premier League win against United was 3-1 in May, 2001. Willem Korsten (2) and Les Ferdinand scored. Steffen Freund was an unused substitute that day.
- Our three home wins against United in the Premier League have come when we’ve scored three or more goals - two 3-1 wins and one 4-1 win.
- We have drawn six home Premier League matches against United - we've only drawn more at the Lane against Arsenal (10), Chelsea (9) and Aston Villa (7).
- Four of our last six meetings against United in the Premier League have been drawn.
- Only four players have scored hat-tricks against United in our history - Charlie Handley (1923), Bobby Smith (1957), Jimmy Greaves (1962) and Martin Peters (four goals, 1972).
- Our only home league hat-trick against United was scored by Jimmy Greaves in our record win against the Red Devils, a 6-2 home victory in October, 1962.
OUR HOME FORM
- We've only lost three of our last 19 home matches in the Premier League and only five of the last 27 (16 wins, six draws).
- We've kept five clean sheets in our last eight home matches in the Premier League.
- We're unbeaten at the Lane in the last 15 Premier League matches when we haved scored.
- A number of our players have never faced Manchester United before in their careers, including Vlad Chiriches, Zeki Fryers, Etienne Capoue, Nacer Chadli, Lewis Holtby, Erik Lamela, Paulinho and Harry Kane.
- Brad Friedel has faced United on 26 occasions in the Premier League, more than any other club. He first faced them playing for Liverpool, a 1-1 draw in April, 1998.
- Hugo Lloris has kept 11 clean sheets in his 15 matches for us in all competitions this season.
- Michael Dawson has drawn four of his last six starts against United in the Premier League.
- Zeki Fryers made six appearances for United in all competitions during his time at Old Trafford.
- Jan Vertonghen has won two of his three career starts against United, including a 2-1 win at Old Trafford with Ajax in the Europa League in April, 2012.
- If Aaron Lennon plays, he will make his 14th career appearance against United, more than any other club (12 for Spurs so far, one for Leeds).
- Five players have played for both clubs in the Premier League era - Michael Carrick, Fraizer Campbell, Dimitar Berbatov, Louis Saha and Teddy Sheringham.