Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages

#U18 #MatchReport #Swansea #Under18PL

Spurs U18s 3-1 Swansea U18s

Report from Hotspur Way

17 October 2015|Tottenham Hotspur

Aramide Oteh put his name on the scoresheet to mark his first Barclays Under-18 Premier League start as our Under-18s beat Swansea City 3-1 on Saturday afternoon (October 17) at the Training Centre.

It was a deserved win against a Swansea side who put up a good fight to pull a goal back just before half-time, but we replied quickly through Oteh to make it 3-1 at the break.

Swansea had the first chance of the game when Liam Edwards attempted to chip Brandon Austin in goal from the edge of the 18 yard box, but his effort landed harmlessly into the goalkeeper's gloves.

We edged possession during the opening stages of the match but both teams were lacking the final ball, compounded further by some wayward passing.

To open the scoring after 12 minutes, Charlie Owens successfully replicated Edwards' earlier attempt to lob visiting goalkeeper Lewis Thomas with a cool and clinical finish.

The Swans then had two chances to equalise from free-kicks, but both Kieran Evans' and Jack Watts' efforts flew wide of goal.

Samuel Shashoua made it 2-0 in the 25th minute with a pinpoint shot along the ground into the far corner after cleverly weaving his way into the box.

Swansea were sparked into finding their rhythm after Owens' glancing header drifted just shy of the post, spurring them on to begin a succession of attacks and, ultimately, Austin could not get enough on Aaron Lewis' shot across goal to prevent it crossing the line for 2-1 after 35 minutes.

The away side continued to look dangerous until Shashoua's attempt rebounded off the post to the alert Oteh, who nudged it home from a few yards out to register his first Under-18s goal and extend our lead five minutes before the interval.

Oteh could have had another on the cusp of half-time but the off-side flag was up before his cool finish along the ground nestled in the far corner.

We started the second half strongly and a move starting with a fantastic Nick Tsaroulla run down the left flank ended with an overhead kick from Oteh that darted just over the crossbar.

Swansea began another burst of attacks shortly afterwards, with Alex Long coming closest, only to find himself denied by the post.

After a clumsy tackle on Shashoua, Swans substitute Causso Darame received a caution but nearly redeemed himself just minutes later, finding himself one-on-one with Austin – only for the keeper to rush out and make himself big to impressively keep out two shots in quick succession.

Despite Swansea's unerring efforts to find a way back into the game it was a goalless second half and we were deserving of the three points.

Spurs U18s: Austin, Muscatt (Paul 54), Brown, Marsh, Dinzeyi, Tanganga (Tsaroulla 45), Duncan, Owens, Oteh (Loft 60), Stylianides, Shashoua. Substitutes (not used): Bennetts, Freeman (GK).

By Sarah Bassett