Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Spurs U18s 2-1 Bolton

14 September 2013|Tottenham Hotspur

Harry Winks and Will Miller both found the target to maintain our Under-18s winning start to the campaign, but they had to work hard to secure the points against a solid Bolton Wanderers side at Hotspur Way.

The midfield pair each converted Emmanuel Sonupe crosses to give us a 2-1 win against the Trotters and make it four wins on the bounce since the start of the new campaign.

It was the visitors who had the first attempt of the match after 10 minutes, Elliot Newby’s shot taking a deflection which sent the ball heading towards the bottom corner but Luke McGee made a smart save to turn it around the post. And just two minutes later we created our first opportunity when Sonupe’s low cross was met by Winks but Bolton keeper Harry Campbell denied him from close range.

Sonupe caused the Bolton defence plenty of problems down our right flank and was at the heart of most of our good work in the first period. On 23 minutes he delivered another inviting cross which was turned goalwards by Nathan Odwua this time, but he fired straight at the keeper from five yards out.

The breakthrough came just after the half hour mark with a really well worked goal. Luke Amos and Miller combined to release Sonupe again down the right, this time he cut his cross back to Winks who drilled low into the bottom corner for 1-0. But while it was a deserved lead, it didn’t last long.

Just five minutes later, a shot from a tight angle was kept out by McGee, the ball ran loose to Tom Walker whose shot from 12 yards hit Kyle Walker-Peters on the line but he couldn’t prevent it going in.

We responded well to the setback, with Winks latching onto a rebound just 60 seconds later 10 yards from the Bolton goal, but his first time shot was brilliantly saved by Campbell before Sonupe went close with an effort that drifted just wide of the far post.

Bolton carved out a couple of chances of their own, with McGee keeping out one effort and Sam Bailey seeing a cross-shot clip the crossbar to safety as we went in level at the break.

The first action after the interval saw Bolton go close again but a fine block from Christian Maghoma ensured parity was maintained, before Amos found Oduwa with a delightful throughball but he couldn’t beat Campbell.

The winner came on 62 minutes and once more Sonupe was the creator, clipping over a low centre which ran kindly for Miller to convert to make it 2-1.

McGee then needed to be alert to tip over an effort from Knight while Oduwa produced some great skill to beat three men on a mazy run which ended with him slotting the ball past Bolton keeper but also the far post.

Both sides had late chances, Bailey going so close to a leveller when his 25-yard drive crashed off the crossbar to safety, before substitute Anthony Georgiou showed good strength to shrug off a challenge and find Daniel Akindayini, who in turn squared for Miller, but his shot was clawed away by the Bolton keeper.

Spurs: McGee, Amos (Walkes 66), Maghoma, Ogilvie, Walker-Peters, Lesniak, Winks (Onomah 66), Miller, Sonupe (Georgiou 75), Oduwa, Akindayini.