Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Spurs 4-1 City U18s - report from Hotspur Way

18 April 2015|Tottenham Hotspur

Our Under-18s produced a dominant display to beat Manchester City 4-1 in the Barclays U18 Premier League at the Training Centre on Saturday.

Kazaiah Sterling led the way with two clinically-taken goals with Anton Walkes and Ryan Loft also on target.

Sterling and Loft had goals disallowed in the second half and Marcus Edwards, who pulled the strings as part of the front three and claimed assists for three goals, also hit the post.

Both teams made changes with a number of Academy players involved in our Under-21s against Liverpool at the Lane on Friday night and City preparing for their FA Youth Cup semi-final against Chelsea on Monday.

The first half was more cat and mouse but we always controlled possession and took the lead on 10 minutes when Edwards won possession centrally and quickly released Sterling, who steadied himself and found the bottom corner.

Despite our territorial advantage, chances were at a premium in the first quarter of the match and City had the next opportunity on 35 minutes when Luke Bolton played a one-two with Tomiwa Dele-Bashiru but couldn't find a way past Harry Voss, who blocked with his legs at the near post.

Charlie Owens nodded onto the roof of the net from Cy Goddard's cross and it was no surprise when we doubled our lead five minutes before half-time. Jaden Brown, always looking to push on from left-back, drove into the box and the ball fell to Anton Walkes, who finished smartly from just inside the box.

The second half was barely a minute old when we were presented with our next chance as Sterling was brought down by Demeaco Duhaney. Skipper Luke Amos stepped up and struck his spot-kick well but Joe Hilton guessed the right way and turned away to his left.

We didn't to wait for long for the third though as Edwards found Sterling on the edge of the box and the striker rifled low across Hilton into the bottom corner, 52 minutes on the clock.

Sterling fizzed just wide and was then denied a hat-trick by Hilton, who first got down to parry away Goddard's shot before getting up to block Sterling from close range.

The fourth goal arrived on 67 minutes as Edwards whipped in a corner to the near post and Loft darted in to flick the ball home.

City pulled a goal back on 84 minutes when Will Patching broke through centrally before slotting past advancing Voss.

The final word almost went to Edwards, who drilled in low from 20 yards only to see his effort hit the inside of the post and run along the line to safety.

Spurs U18s: Voss; Daly (Muscatt, 62), Amos, Paul, Brown; Goddard, Owens (Stylianides, 52), Walkes; Edwards, Sterling, Georgiou (Loft, 62). Unused sub: Glover.

Manchester City U18s: Hilton, Duhaney, Coveney, Kigbu, Blackshaw, Francis (Iyamu, 58), Hardy (Smith, 58), Dele-Bashiru, Nmecha (Goodridge, 78), Patching, Bolton.