Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Spurs 2-2 Fulham U18s - match report and photos

09 November 2013|Tottenham Hotspur

Josh Onomah and Shayon Harrison were on target as our Under-18s drew 2-2 with Fulham on Saturday.

The lads fell behind to Solomon Sambou’s first half opener, but two beautifully crafted goals after the break saw us take a 2-1 lead, before Fulham’s Moussa Dembele – no relation to his namesake in our first team – equalised from the penalty spot.

Lively right-sided attacker Emmanuel Sonupe tested Fulham goalkeeper Marek Rodak early on, while visiting left-winger George Williams saw his low shot hit the base of the far post at the other end.

That end-to-end spirit continued throughout the contest, with Fulham the first to hit the target in the 11th minute.

Patrick Roberts’ pass infield from the wing look to be destined for the feet of Dembele, but the Cottagers’ striker outfoxed the defence by stepping over the ball and allowing it to run to Sambou, who finished low into the bottom corner of the net.

Williams had the ball in the net for Fulham again in the 27th minute, but an early linesman’s flag ruled him off-side.

Sonupe, meanwhile, continued to cause Fulham problems down the right – he whipped in a cross but Onomah was unable to connect properly and the chance went begging.

We enjoyed a sustained period of attack with a little under 10 minutes to go before half-time with good work by Harrison allowing Onomah to cross for Nathan Oduwa, who forced a good save from Rodak.

With the ball still not properly cleared, Harry Winks fired over the top, while Roberts forced a smart stop from our goalkeeper Luke McGee just before the interval.

Half-time saw the introduction of Will Miller off the bench – and the lively midfielder played a key part in the build-up to both our goals early in the second period.

In the 49th minute, his excellent footwork led to him setting Sonupe free down the right, who in turn crossed for Onomah to sweep home our equaliser.

And six minutes later the scoreline had been completely inverted when Miller again exhibited some nice work in the centre before playing the ball to Harrison just inside the area on the left-side. Harrison controlled marvellously with his first touch before turning and firing over goalkeeper Rodak and in off the bar.

We could have had a third when Sonupe deftly flicked Oduwa’s ball in from the left onto the post, before Onomah put a free header wide following Harrison’s corner.

Fulham levelled as the match entered its 65th minute, Dembele sending McGee the wrong way from the penalty spot after Miller was adjudged to have tripped Emerson Hyndman just inside the box.

Harrison latched onto Connor Ogilvie’s pass and forced a low stop from Rodak as we sought to regain the upper hand, while Roberts lashed high and wide for Fulham before flashing a shot inches beyond the far post just a few seconds later.

The final chance fell to the visitors when Dembele, under real pressure from Cameron Carter-Vickers – who had done extremely well to shepherd the attacker out of the 18-yard box, sent a shot over the bar.

Spurs: McGee, Pritchard (Walker-Peters 43), Ogilvie, Lesniak, Carter-Vickers, Maghoma, Sonupe, Onomah, Harrison (Akindayini 74), Winks (Miller 46), Oduwa. Sub not used: Priestley.