Season Ticket Terms and Conditions
Tottenham Hotspur (Spurs) Football Club is located in North London. The club is also known as Spurs. Tottenham's home ground is White Hart Lane. The club motto is Audere est Facere (To dare is to do).
1. The Season Ticket Book (’Book’) is issued subject to the following conditions as well as the Rules and Regulations of the FA Premier League, the Football Association and the Football League. This Book is expressly subject to the Club's Ground Regulations copies of which are posted in and around the Ground. If the conditions of use are not acceptable, this Book should be returned immediately intact, no refunds will be issued after the 2001/02 season has commenced. The use of one or more of the vouchers for any match will constitute acceptance of the conditions. Season Ticket
Holders should check prior to the commencement of the Season that their Book contains all the appropriate numbers and lettered vouchers. Missing vouchers cannot be replaced after that date.
2. This Book admits the Season Ticket Holder (‘Holder’) to matches at White Hart Lane (‘Ground’) in which Tottenham Hotspur F.C. (‘Club’) participates during the 2001/02 Season in the following competitions:
(a) Premier League (b) Football Association Cup (c) Worthington Cup
3. The number or letter of each match, determined by the Club at random and at its discretion, will be exhibited at the turnstiles. It is the responsibility of the Holder to tear out the appropriate voucher in the presence of the turnstile operator, otherwise the Holder will be refused admission. The Club will not accept any responsibility for any incorrect vouchers being presented and will not replace the same if required for a future match.
4. CUP TIES
Holders are reminded that they have paid for and are in possession of Cup-Tie vouchers for the first 2 Home Cup-Ties played at the Ground in either the Worthington Cup/FA Cup therefore totalling admission to 21 fixtures in all. Cup-Tie vouchers should be completed in accordance with the details that will be publicised through the Clubs communication channels. The Club reserves the right to put on general sale any seats that are unclaimed by Holders by the closing date specified by the Club. All Holders are reminded that no refund can be claimed for any unused Cup-Tie vouchers when the Cup matches are actually played.
5. AWAY MATCH SALES
Subject to availability and prior commitments, Holders wishing to purchase Away Match and/or Away Match Travel tickets should use the away vouchers. Holders will be given preferential treatment to purchase tickets for away Cup-Ties, subject to availability and prior commitments. Details of the sale of such tickets will be publicised through the Club’s communication channels.
6. RENEWAL NOTICES
Renewal notices will be sent through the post to all current Holders at the close of the 2001/02 Season. If payment is not received by the notified date, all seat(s) will be re-allocated without further notice to the Holder.
7. CLAIM FOR CUP-TIE REFUND
When it is the intention of the Holder NOT to renew their Season Ticket Book(s) and the Club has not played two Cup-Ties at the Ground during the Season, it is the responsibility of the Holder to apply in writing by the 1st of August 2002 Bill Nicholson Way, 748 High Road, Tottenham, N17 0AP
Spurs Ticketline: 08700 112222 for the appropriate refund.
N.B. DO NOT APPLY FOR A REFUND WHEN YOU INTEND TO RENEW YOUR BOOK(S) as the appropriate credit will automatically be carried forward to the following season.
8. LOST/DAMAGED BOOK
In the event of the loss of or damage to a Book, a duplicate Book may be issued by the Ticket Office at its sole discretion at a non-returnable administration charge of £50.00. The Ticket Office will require proof of identity, written confirmation of the loss/damage and a police lost report number. Duplicate Books will not be issued on Match Days. Failure to present the Book on a match day will result in refusal of entry into the Ground.
9. SUSPENSION/WITHDRAWAL OF BOOK
The Club reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or withdraw the Book without compensation or reimbursement if:
a) The Holder is in breach of any of the Ground Regulations or
b) The Holder is convicted for any offence in the Ground or in connection with a football match or
c) The Holder is ejected from the Ground for any reason including to stop or prevent a breach of the peace or
d) The Holder is in breach of clause 12 below.
In any of these circumstances the Holder must surrender the Book on demand to an official of the Club, a steward or the Police.
10. Holders are reminded that the dates of fixtures are subject to change and it is their responsibility to ascertain the date of any rearranged fixtures, see Club’s communication channels for details. No refunds can be claimed in respect of any unused vouchers.
11. CHANGE OF ADDRESS
If you change your address, please complete the change of address slip at the front of your Book and send it to the Ticket Office to enable the Club to keep their records up to date. If you have not received acknowledgement of your notification within 4 weeks please contact the Ticket Office accordingly.
12. The Book remains the property of the Club at all times and cannot be used by any person other than the Season Ticket Book Holder to whom it has been issued. Season Ticket Books are non-transferable and the sale of Season Ticket vouchers is strictly forbidden.
13. Although the Book is for a particular seat, the Club reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to temporarily allocate the Holder an alternative seat, which may be in another part of the Ground when the Stand or part of the Stand in which the seat is located has been closed for repairs, maintenance or re-development, or it is otherwise desirable in the interests of safety, crowd control or other Club requirements to re-allocate the seat. As far as possible, details of any matches at which there will be re-allocation will be publicised through the Club’s communication channels.
14. The Club reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions within reason at any time. The Club’s communication channels are: the Club Programme, Spurs Monthly, the Spurs Ticketline 08700 112222 and the Club’s Website.