Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Ressies undone by quickfire double

Two goals in eight minutes in the first half paved the way for title-chasing Fulham's 3-0 win in Monday night's reserve clash at Leyton Orient.

Two goals in eight minutes in the first half paved the way for title-chasing Fulham's 3-0 win in Monday night's reserve clash at Leyton Orient.

Wayne Brown's penalty and a fine free-kick from Giles Barnes after 34 and 42 minutes respectively put the visitors in the driving seat in this Barclays Premier Reserve League South encounter.

The lads struggled to get going in that first half and although they improved after the break, Fulham, clinical all night, put the icing on the cake with a third goal in injury time.

Clive Allen went for an attacking formation with Fraizer Campbell up front supported by Adel Taarabt with Giovani and Andros Townsend having licence to raid down the flanks. The central midfield responsibility went to Jamie O'Hara and the returning Jake Livermore. There was also a full reserve debut for young Academy defender Steven Caulker.

O'Hara hit an early drive over before Barnes tested keeper Ben Alnwick's reflexes twice in the space of 10 minutes, the second a fine palm away down to his right.

Then a good spell as Andros Townsend volleyed just wide, Campbell pulled back for O'Hara to drill into the side-netting, Gareth Bale curled a 20-yard free-kick just over and Giovani cut in from the right flank, leaving three players in his wake before attempting a clip from the edge of the box that landed on the roof of the net.

It all changed in the 33rd minute, however, when Chris Gunter's header back to Alnwick fell just short and that allowed the pacy Erik Nevland to nip in, just beating the keeper to the ball. It was a 50-50 and the pair were always on a collsion course, so once Nevland got there first, it was always going to be a penalty. Thankfully, Ricardo Rocha was covering, so there was no red card, but Wayne Brown made no mistake from the spot to open the scoring.

O'Hara responded with a shot straight at Foderingham but it was soon 2-0 after an exquisite free-kick from Barnes from the edge of the box that nestled right in the angle of the top corner.

O'Hara again put us straight back onto the front foot this time with a low drive that angled inches wide and then Ricardo Rocha was denied by a combination of Julian Gray and the near post from O'Hara's corner - it was a somewhat shellshocked side that trudged in 2-0 down at the break.

Academy striker Jon Obika entered the fray for Giovani for the start of the second half.

The first action saw Townsend rifle in a volley that Foderingham did well to clutch diving to his left but the next key moments were at the other end as Gray's sharp header brought the best out of Alnwick and Nevland's long-range dipper hit the top of the crossbar.

O'Hara was again narrowly off target with four minutes left before Fulham's third with seconds left of added time, Tony Kallio providing the cross for substitute Keanu Marsh-Brown to head home.

Spurs: Alnwick, Gunter, Bale, Livermore (Rose, 59), Rocha, Caulker, Giovani (Obika, 46), O'Hara, Campbell, Taarabt (Mason, 69), Townsend. Unused subs: L Butcher, Berchiche.

Fulham: Foderingham, Stoor, Kallio, Watts (Harris, 70), Smalling, Saunders, Gera, Brown, Nevland (Uwezu, 70), Barnes, (Marsh-Brown, 79) Gray. Unused subs: Bettinelli, Briggs.