Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages



Lee Barnard made it 13 goals so far this season as the reserves overturned a 2-1 half-time deficit to defeat Watford at Boreham Wood on Monday evening.

Lee Barnard made it 13 goals so far this season as the reserves overturned a 2-1 half-time deficit to defeat Watford at Boreham Wood on Monday evening.

The fog quickly set at Meadow Park as our former manager Keith Burkinshaw took his seat to view the game in his role of assistant to Adrian Boothroyd at Watford.

No sooner had the game got underway, James Beasant - nephew of Dave - was being forced to work and he made two fines saves in the opening couple of minutes from Barnard and Stephen Kelly. You got the feeling he would be seeing plenty of the ball as the match progressed.

There was a shock goal against on 11 minutes when Anthony Gardner - under a little pressure from Joel Grant - steered the ball back in the direction of Robert Burch who endured a moment all goalkeepers dread. Preparing to hoof the ball upfield, he swung his right leg and missed the ball completely giving Watford an unlikely lead.

Grzegorz Rasiak nearly bought the boys level with a well directed header that Beasant turned around the post - hurting himself, with head hitting upright, in the process.

Barnard then did what he so often does these days on 22 minutes, score a goal from a position of being second favourite to win the ball. He hunted down Joe O'Cearuill inside his area and dispossessed the defender before rounding Beasant and striking the ball into the net.

Less than a minute later though, Watford were back in front when a low cross from Ben Gill was steered past Burch by Joel Grant. Barnard nearly equalised again when he latched onto a Kelly cross, but Beasant once again came to his side's rescue. Kelly was then brilliantly set clear by Rasiak but his final touch let him down and Beasant was able to steer the full-back away from the danger area.

Half-chances came and went as the minutes ticked away after half-time. Clive then made his first change, bringing on Kieran McKenna for Andy Barcham

McKenna presented Rasiak with a heading chance in front of goal when he nodded a cross back across the six yard box, but the Pole could not get enough power into his effort.

On 63 minutes Barnard did it again. Hallfredsson picked up the ball down the left flank and played a low cross in behind the retreating defenders and Barnard timed his run to perfected and drilled high past Beasant and into the net.

Four minutes later the lead was taken when a Jamie O'Hara corner located the head of Rasiak and the ball was nodded downwards for Sean Davis to steer in at the near post.

Hallfredsson then effectively sealed victory when he burst down the left and cut inside before shooting powerfully into the top left-hand corner on 81 minutes. Beasant did get a hand to it, but could not deflect the ball away from its destination.

Two minutes from time Barnard completed his treble when he seized on a wayward back pass from Jordan Parkes and placed the ball beyond Beasant to make it 5-2.

Team: Burch, Kelly, Pamarot, Gardner, Bunjevcevic (Daniels 74), O'Hara, Davis, Barcham (McKenna 59), Hallfredsson (Lee 85), Barnard, Rasiak. Subs: Forecast (GK), Jackson.

Watford: Beasant, McCoy, Parkes, O'Toole, Mariappa, O'Cearuill, Campana, Gill, Francis, Grant, Bardle. Subs: Homand, Matthews, Robinson.