Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages



Our reserves suffered a narrow 1-0 defeat against Portsmouth on their return to league action at Havant & Waterlooville FC on Tuesday night.

Our reserves suffered a narrow 1-0 defeat against Portsmouth on their return to league action at Havant & Waterlooville FC on Tuesday night.This was Clive Allen’s side’s first match in the Barclays Reserve League South since early December, but the team battled hard despite Franck Songo’o’s 36th minute goal proving to be the difference.

We had the better of the early exchanges, with Simon Dawkins heading wide on nine minutes after good work from Jake Livermore and Tomas Pekhart.

Dawkins was involved again on 18 minutes when he took advantage of a poor defensive back-pass and forced home goalkeeper Asmir Begovic to kick straight against him. But the ball fell to safety.

The home side’s first real opening did not arrive until the 26th minute, when Matt Richie fired over from 25 yards.

We were keeping Begovic the busiest of the stoppers, with Danny Rose stinging his palms with a well-struck free-kick on 34 minutes, but Portsmouth broke the deadlock two minutes later.

Richie played an inch-perfect cross-field ball into the path of Songo’o, who finished low into the bottom right-hand corner.

The goal seemed to spur Songo’o on and he was soon looking for more, forcing David Button to tip over his fierce shot on 40 minutes.

However, we quickly got ourselves back together and perhaps should have levelled things up just before half-time, with Troy Archibald-Henville failing to take advantage of a free header from a David Hutton corner.

The second half was quiet and once again there was little to choose between the sides. It wasn’t until the 69th minute that the first chance of the half came and Marc Wilson swung a free-kick inches wide for Pompey.

The home side threatened again on 77 minutes when Andre Blackman put in a dangerous cross from the right but Button just managed to get a hand in before Danijel Subotic pounced.

And just a moment later the Swiss striker should have put the game out of sight after being played in by Songo’o, but he blazed over from six yards out.

Despite the majority of possession, we failed to create enough clear cut chances in the second period, and it ultimately resulted in defeat.

Spurs: Button; Gunter, Archibald-Henville, Dervitte (Martin, 46), Hughton; Hutton Livermore (Hutchins, 87), Rose, Townsend (Fraser-Allen, 66); Pekhart, Dawkins
Subs: Jansson, Mtandari

Portsmouth: Begovic; Blackman, Duffy, Ward, Aubey; Motumbo, Wilson, Christophe, Richie; Subotic, Songo’o
Subs: Smith, Udoji, Govas, Reynolds, Cowan-Hall

Att: 162