Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Reserve report

Tottenham Hotspur (Spurs) Football Club is located in North London. The club is also known as Spurs. Tottenham's home ground is White Hart Lane. The club motto is Audere est Facere (To dare is to do).

Sean Davis completed a further 90 minutes of match action, but our reserve side fell to a 3-0 defeat against Portsmouth at Fratton Park on Tuesday evening.

Diomansy Kamara did the damage with a hat-trick, two of his goals coming inside the opening six minutes of the game. Despite a spirited response, the striker added his third in the second half from the penalty spot.

It was a bristling cold night near the coast at Fratton Park and, ahead of the game, the delights of watching Barcelona et al perform on the box in the Champions League did seem an enticing prospect. But, as they say, you can't beat actually going to a match!

Davis was able to top up his match fitness with a run-out against a Pompey side that featured new boy Valery Mezague, plus the attacking threat of Ricardo Fuller and - Premiership goalscorer at the Lane - Kamara. Players on our side with top flight experience were Noe Pamarot, Dean Marney, Rohan Ricketts and Davis.

It was far from the ideal beginning for our young second string when some inventive play from Mezague after less than two minutes set Scott Harris free in the area. He was forced slightly wide and opted to cross, which proved a good decision for him as Kamara stole in and placed his header high past Marton Fulop and into the net.

It didn't get any better four minutes later when Fuller got the better of Marcel McKie down Pompey's right flank, the former Preston man proceeding to square the ball into the path of Kamara again who slotted convincinly past Fulop.

The boys looked somewhat shellshocked following the early double whammy and Clive Allen must have been wishing his watch would fast forward to half-time. Credit to them though, they composed themselves and began to make inroads into the contest.

A move - started by the sure-footed Davis - should have received greater reward when Ricketts zipped in from the right and played the ball into El Hamdaoui who in turn found Mark Yeates in a good shooting position, but the young Irishman failed to get sufficient power on his effort.

He certainly got more power into his effort on 21 minutes, when he seized on a hesitant passage of play from the home side and nicked the ball before firing just wide from 25 yards. Ricketts then displayed some enterprise with a run down the right, working himself and angle and blasting in what, at first, looked a goalbound effort but flew across the face of goal.

It was nearly three for Pompey on 25 minutes when, following a McKie foul on Shaun Cooper, Defendi headed the resulting free-kick just a fraction over his own bar with Fulop beaten. At the other end, Yeates tested the reflexes of keeper Jamie Ashdown with a low shot after another typically tricky run.

Pompey were still carrying a significant threat going forward and an Alex Rodic header went just wide ten minutes before the break after Fuller had got past Pamarot and dispatched a precision cross. A few minutes later, Paul O'Donoghue was not far away with his header from a Marney free kick from the right.

Half-time: Pompey 2-0 Spurs

Kamara nearly got his hat-trick in the opening two minutes of the second period when he broke into the area, but was thankfully confronted by the advancing Fulop and lifted his shot over the bar.

A Marney free-kick caused a good degree of mayhem minutes later when Defendi managed to add a slight flick on. Danger looked to have been averted by the home side, but the outstretched leg of O'Donoghue shovelled the ball back into the six yard box but the defenders - between them - finally hacked clear.

It was a positive reaction from the boys, who were not about to give up on this one without a fight. El Hamdaoui had Ashdown scampering across his goal on 51 minutes but his low shot was wide of the right hand post. Good work from Ricketts set up Yeates for another shot on goal, one that Ashdown fielded with comfort.

The more attacking style of Philip Ifil took over from that of Pamarot on 58 minutes but, just four minutes later, Marney was, on 62 minutes, harshly adjudged to have fouled Fuller in the area and Kamara was offered and accepted the chance to complete his hat-trick from the penalty spot - shooting to Fulop's right.

The threat of Kamara was removed on 70 minutes with Pompey probably content with his night's work and, with a mind to him possibly repeating the feat with Premiership points at stake.

From our point of view the game was pretty much up, but the boys continued to to try and reduce the deficit and Limbersky created a superb chance for Yeates on 76 minutes, placing a low cross to the near post from the right which appeared to just need steering into the goal, but the young striker somehow managed to bobble the ball over the bar.

Full-time: Pompey 3-0 Spurs

1min: GOAL 1-0 Pompey. Mezague played through Harris into area, who drifted to the right before his cross was met by the head of Kamara to give home side an early lead.

6min: GOAL 2-0 Pompey. Fuller dash down the right and low cross met powerfully by Kamara, who slotted past Fulop to make it two.

62min: GOAL 3-0 Pompey. Marney adjudged to have fouled Fuller in the area and Kamara completes hat-trick from the penalty spot.

Team: Fulop, Pamarot (Ifil 58), McKie, Marney, O'Donoghue, Defendi, Ricketts (Hallfredsson 67), Davis, Yeates, El Hamdaoui, Limbersky. Subs: Eyre, Dilevski, O'Hara.

Portsmouth: Ashdown, Angus, Donaghey, Harris, Silk, Wilson, Cooper, Mezague, Fuller (Keene 79), Rodic, Kamara (Horsted 70). Subs: Cousins, Guatelli, Fordyce.