Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Report: Spurs 1-3 Newcastle

English Barclays Premiership

From the highs to the lows. Two goals in as many second half minutes left us demoralised as the Toon Army celebrated a second sucessive win in London. Typical - after waiting 30 games for a win, two come along at once.

The need to avoid the phrase 'after the Lord Mayor's Show' had been mentioned by players and management alike before Saturday's postponed FA Cup tie against Bolton but here it was.

A week after demolishing Chelsea to reach the final of the Worthington Cup our Premiership pride was dented by Bobby Robson's men.

But, in truth, the game could have been out of Newcastle's reach by half-time.

Solano lashed a shot just wide in the second minute but then it was all Spurs.

Iversen and Davies were denied half-chances before Iversen opened the scoring in the 15th minute. Anderton's corner fell to King, whose shot was blocked but Richards cleverly nodded the rebound to Iversen who drilled it into the bottom corner.

Iversen couldn't quite reach Anderton's cross under pressure from O'Brien and Richards found himself in a similar position after Poyet flicked on Sherwood's free-kick without getting a break.

The visitors only threat followed a minute later. Richards left a header back to Sullivan fractionally short and Bellamy, lighting of foot, was onto it in a flash. Thankfully, Sullivan was alert and claimed a 40-60 ball bravely.

Richards should have doubled the lead after 37 minutes. Another Anderton corner caused all sorts of problems as King flicked on and Richards, five yards out, scooped his shot over the bar.

Newcastle made a positive change at the break with the introduction of French star Laurent Robert and they started the second half the brighter as Acuna's header tested Sullivan.

The impressive Given then had to be on his toes to collect Taricco's cross at full stretch and out of his area to avert the danger as Davies threatened to break clear.

But Newcastle were coming more and more into it. Bellamy shot wide from a good position in the box on the hour, Robert flashed wide from 20 yards and the same player was a stud away from Bellamy's cross.

The goals soon followed. First the leveller after 66 minutes. Richards was penalised for pulling back Bellamy, Robert swung the free-kick to the far post where Acuna, unmarked, nodded home from two yards.

Two minutes later Toon were ahead. Bellamy burst to the byline, crossed low and Shearer slid the ball home at the far post.

Matthew Etherington replaced Davies and we briefly hit back. Iversen just failed to control Anderton's pinpoint 50-yard pass, Etherington's shot was blocked and Given comfortably saved Sheringham's low shot.

But gaps were opening up as we pushed on and Newcastle exploited them. The killer third goal arrived after 77 minutes as McGlen played the ball wide to Hughes and Bellamy turned his low cross home at the near post.

Clearly crestfallen, we pushed forward again but created just one further chance as Leonhardsen's effort was parried by Given.

Not quite out of Toon, or even off key, but our visitors were the only fans singing at the final whistle.