Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Report: Spurs 0-1 Charlton

English Barclays Premiership

Dean Kiely once again produced a world-class display as we somehow lost against Charlton, the current capital kings. Kiely play poorly against Spurs? We should be so lucky.

The Irish keeper, who always seems to save his best for Spurs, produced three saves out of the top-drawer to deny Gus Poyet twice and Les Ferdinand and when he was beaten, Poyet's last-gasp header hit the underside of the bar and bounced to safety. It was one of those nights.

The first half was a lively, competitive affair and what it lacked in early goalmouth action, it certainly made up for in passion.

Tackles went flying in and Ferdinand somehow picked himself up from an early boneshaker from the impressive Rufus.

It took until the 25th minute for the first clear-cut chance and it fell to the visitors as Rufus headed Bart-Williams' corner wide from 10 yards.

We soon responded though. Ziege fired a free-kick just over and on the half-hour, Gardner's raid down the left flank and link-up with Ziege ended with Ferdinand's close-range header superbly parried away by Kiely.

Charlton created another couple of chances without really threatening before carving out the best opportunity of the half. Parker spotted Young's run behind Ziege, Young took the pass in his stride and his low shot from 12 yards was deflected over via Sullivan's right foot.

We ended the half on the front foot as Poyet's header from Anderton's corner was blocked on the line by a combination of Kiely and Svensson.

Parker had the first effort on goal of the second half before Kiely's key interventions denied Poyet.

The first came after 62 minutes. Poyet's sublime control from Sherwood's raking pass sent him through on goal but his toe-poke from six yards was deflected wide by Kiely.

Three minutes later and the same pair went head to head, with the same outcome. This time the midfielder latched onto Iversen's crossfield pass only for Kiely to block his stab towards goal with his feet. It just wasn't going to happen.

Naturally, Charlton then snatched a goal from nowhere. Play was heading into a cul-de-sac when Svensson found Parker in space, the cross was floated in, King and Sullivan got their wires crossed and Powell - who scored the first goal of his career against us last season - was there to bundle the ball home.

The rest of the half was attack versus defence as Charlton successfully shut up shop.

The final chance didn't arrive until the 87th minute when Poyet's header from Ziege's corner hit the underside of the crossbar and bounced to safety.