Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Report: Fulham 3-1 Spurs

Tottenham Hotspur (Spurs) Football Club is located in North London. The club is also known as Spurs. Tottenham's home ground is White Hart Lane. The club motto is Audere est Facere (To dare is to do).

Colin Calderwood's young reserve side fell to a 3-1 defeat to Fulham at Woking as fortune certainly favoured the home side after Stephen Clemence hit a spectacular opener.

With the exception of goalkeeper Lars Hirschfeld, Gary Doherty, Clemence, Oyvind Leonardsen and Steven Ferguson, the team was comprised of our our under-18 Academy side - with some playing in unfamiliar roles.

Striker Lee Barnard and left midfielder David Galbraith were stationed in wing-back roles, while Paul O'Donoghue played on the left side of a defensive three. Ben Bowditch occupied the anchor role in midfield.

All equipped themselves well on a big, bone-dry pitch with dust flying off the surface every time the ball bounced.

The first half was a fairly scrappy affair, not helped by referee Mr Kettle stopping play with alarming regularity. Galbraith looked threatening down the left, while Clemence was probing neatly from midfield.

It wasn't until the 25th minute that the first real chance of note was created, Elvis Hammond cut inside O'Donoghue and lofted the ball goalwards over Hirschfeld. Bowditch reacted smartly to clear the ball off the line.

Four minutes later it was Spurs who nearly took the lead. Clemence drove in a corner from the right to the near post and a superb Barnard header was blocked somewhat fortunately in Maik Taylor in the Fulham goal and the loose ball was hacked to safety.

Barnard was featuring well in the wing-back role, getting forward and tracking back to cope admirably with the threat of USA international Eddie Lewis down the left flank.

Three minutes after the break came the moment of the match. Clem picked up the ball to the left of the Fulham area, turned and unleashed a fearsome drive the flew over Taylor and into the top left hand corner of the net. It was Clem's second goal in three reserve games.

Sadly the lead did not last for long and on 55 minutes a goalmouth scramble resulted in Hammond clattering a shot off the bar from close range and Mark Hudson firing in the rebound off the outstretched leg of Galbraith on the line.

The scores remained level for the next 17 minutes before a long ball found its way behind our defence and Hammond rounded Hirschfeld and sprinted to steer the ball into an empty net.

Fulham struck again on 80 minutes to give the result a slightly unjust and lop-sided look. Luke Cornwall benefitted from a lucky ricochet and in the clear to slot the ball beyond Hirschfeld.

Team: Hirschfeld, Jacobsen, O'Donoghue, Doherty, Bowditch (Hughes 77), Clemence, Barnard, Leonhardsen, Ferguson, Sutton, Galbraith (Wettner 71). Subs not used: Henry, Burch, Marney.

Fulham: Taylor, Hudson (Rehman 87), Green, Coleman, Knight, Shevel (Leacock 68), Goldbaek, Stolcers, Cornwall, Hammond, Lewis (Willock 78).