Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Report: Charlton 2-4 Spurs

English Barclays Premiership

Six goals, another goal disallowed, woodwork hit twice and a couple of world-class saves - you didn't think our fifth win in six Premiership games was going to be 1-0, did you?

After successive 4-3s, we went through all the emotions again as Charlton reduced our 3-0 lead to 3-1 and then 3-2 with 10 minutes left before John Jackson's sweetly-struck 30-yarder saw us over the finishing line.

It was all action from Paul Konchesky's attempted lob in the first minute to a cross skimming off Ledley King's head and inches wide in injury time.

Having seen City haul us back from 3-0 in the FA Cup and then Pompey level from 1-0, 2-1 and 3-2 down before our 4-3 win on Saturday, there was a distinct raise in heart rates when Chris Perry headed in Charlton's second goal in the 80th minute.

But fear not. Five minutes later it was all over as King found Jackson and the young midfielder drove beyond Dean Kiely from 30 yards. It was a fitting end to the encounter.

Simon Davies scored in our win at The Valley last season and the Welsh midfielder kick-started it all again. Konchesky got his attempted header back to Kiely all wrong and Davies controlled and drove in off the post after 10 minutes.

Charlton should have levelled when both Carlton Cole and Shaun Bartlett beat the offside trap but Bartlett tried to hand Cole a tap in and allowed Kasey Keller to grasp the pass.

If that save was about reading the situation, his next was all about reactions. The clock had ticked onto 40 minutes in an end-to-end half when Matt Holland tried his luck through a packed goalmouth. Keller must have seen it late but managed to divert it onto the post.

It was frenetic stuff now and we edged further ahead after 43 minutes. The goal came from a lightning break as Keller gathered a Charlton free-kick and released Davies, he raced down the right flank and crossed for Defoe whose initial shot was blocked before he nodded home the rebound.

Charlton came back strongly. Cole diverted Konchesky's cross shot onto the crossbar and the bar had barely stopped rattling beforeStuart was tapping home the rebound as Keller pushed out Bartlett's effort - the goal was disallowed for offside.

If Charlton felt hard done by at half-time, they soon had another goal to think about.

Less than a minute had gone in the second half when Davies found Robbie Keane in box, he wriggled away from his marker, the ball ran loose and King latched onto it before a clutch of defenders and dispatched it into the corner.

That made it 3-0 and if there were still doubts in the back of the mind following the last two games, not least the FA Cup exit against City, those doubts rushed to the forefront just five minutes later.

Jensen curled in a corner from the right, Keller appeared impeded, we failed to clear and Stuart drilled the ball through the legs and home with Keller still grounded - 3-1, 40 minutes to go.

With Dean Richards in fine form and the midfield working overtime Charlton struggled to maintain any real pressure and carve out clear-cut chances, Jason Euell heading the best straight at Keller.

But a second goal would always up the ante and it arrived with 80 minutes on the clock.

It was simplicity itself as Di Canio took a short corner to Jensen, the Dane swung in a cross and Perry nodded home a textbook header for 3-2.

How was this game going to finish? Stay 3-2? 3-3? 4-3 either way? Any number of final scores seemed possible but John Jackson made sure there were no Wednesday night nightmares this week. Picking the ball up from King with five minutes left, Jackson strode forward before hitting a rasper from 30 yards.

Twenty goals in three games, five wins in six in the league - what next?


1min: Clever attempted chip by Konchesky just a couple of yards over.

2mins: CLOSE. Interplay between Defoe and Keane, loose ball fell to King, snapshot flashed inches wide.

7mins: Great ball from Davies sent Defoe a yard clear of Perry, took shot early, Kiely saved with legs.

8mins: Good defending from Doherty as Cole latched onto Young through ball.

10mins: GOAL. Long ball upfield, Konchesky misjudged back header, Davies pounced to finish low off the post fro 16 yards. 1-0.

13mins: SAVE/MISS. Bartlett and Cole broke offside trap, both clear in box, Bartlett tried to square to Cole but read and cut out by Keller.

18mins: Jensen decent effort from 25 yards always covered by Keller.

20mins: Perry volley from Jensen corner straight at Keller.

26mins: Lovely Jackson dink into Keane, turned Fish inside out in one touch but dragged shot wide from 20 yards.

30mins: Quick break, Davies to Jackson, early cross always slightly too high for Keane who looped header over.

33mins: SUB. Stuart for injured Kishishev.

35mins: YELLOW. Fish for foul on Keane.

40mins: SAVE. Keller at his best to divert Holland's volley through a crowd of bodies onto the post and to safety.

43mins: GOAL. Quick break from Charlton free-kick. Keller threw to Davies who made 60 yards, low cross found Defoe, initial shot blocked but able to nod in rebound. 2-0.

44mins: WOODWORK. Cole diverted Konchesky's cross shot onto the bar from eight yards.

Injury time: DISALLOWED. Stuart tapped home after Keller parried Bartlett's volley but ruled out for offside.

Half-time: Charlton 0-2 Spurs

46mins: GOAL. Keane lost Perry in box after receiving throw from Davies, found King who drilled into corner. 3-0.

50mins: GOAL. Keller appeared impeded from corner, clearance charged down, Stuart lashed home from 15 yards. 3-1.

55mins: SUB. Di Canio for Bartlett.

57mins: YELLOW. Young for foul on Jackson.

58mins: Richards looped header over from Brown free-kick.

62mins: Fish header from Jensen corner inches over.

71mins: SUB. Euell for Cole.

77mins: MISS. Di Canio worked some magic in the box, clipped the perfect cross in for Euell who could only head tamely at Keller from six yards.

78mins: YELLOW. Perry for foul on Brown.

80mins: GOAL. Perry downward header from 10 yards from Jensen cross. 3-2.

85mins: GOAL. Superb Jackson strike from 25 yards after pass from King. 4-2.

85mins: SUB. Poyet for Defoe.

89mins: SAVE. Poyet 30-yarder tipped aside by Kiely.

Injury time: Stuart cross flicked off King's head and flashed a foot wide.

Line-ups: Charlton: Kiely, Kishishev (Stuart, 33), Fish, Holland, Jensen, Hreidarsson, Bartlett (Di Canio, 55), Konchesky, Young, Cole (Euell, 71), Perry. Subs: Royce, Fortune.

Spurs: Keller, Carr, Taricco, Doherty, Richards, Brown, Davies, King, Jackson, Keane, Defoe (Poyet, 85). Subs: Burch, Bunjevcevic, Dalmat, Barnard.

Referee: Graham Barber.

Attendance: 26,660.