Mauricio on the captaincy
18 August 2016|Tottenham Hotspur
Mauricio Pochettino will make a late decision on who takes over the captaincy from Hugo Lloris against Palace on Saturday.
Hugo suffered a hamstring injury in our Premier League opening day draw at Everton last weekend.
The French goalkeeper - proud captain of Club and country - will be out for around four weeks, so a different player will now lead the team out for the first time at White Hart Lane this season.
Mauricio told us on Thursday: “We have players like Harry Kane, Jan Vertonghen, Danny Rose, Kyle Walker, Eric Dier, Christian Eriksen - these players could all be captain.
“It depends on the starting 11. I will decide the starting 11 tomorrow and when my starting 11 is in my mind I will decide who will be captain.”
DON’T MISS SATURDAY’S ALL-NEW OFFICIAL MATCHDAY PROGRAMME!
Here’s a look at the front cover of our newly-redesigned official matchday programme, the first issue of which will be on sale at the game on Saturday.
As usual, it’s £3.50 for 100 pages, including...
- Main feature interview with new striker Vincent Janssen
- Mauricio Pochettino’s exclusive column
- New feature: ‘The White Hart Lane Years’
- Reflecting on past encounters with Palace and a look at their current squad
- Spurs Down Under: A look at our off-field activities in Australia over the summer
- New feature: ‘Centre of Attention’ with Kevin Wimmer