Matchday Show nominated in Facebook Football Awards
20 April 2015|Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs TV's live Matchday Show on Capital One Cup Final day has been nominated in 'Content of the Year' category at the inaugural Facebook Football Awards.
The Club broke new ground by bringing our global fanbase an exclusive digital broadcast from Wembley which ran in a simulcast both on our official Facebook page and tottenhamhotspur.com.
Co-hosted by legendary former skipper Ledley King, the Matchday Show included exclusive interviews with current and former players, including a fascinating sitdown with Ledley and team-mate Jermaine Jenas, who gave fans a behind-the-scenes insight into our League Cup triumph against Chelsea in 2008.
Chairman, Daniel Levy, was also interviewed in the show that ran for a full 90 minutes ahead of the big kick-off.
THE FACEBOOK FOOTBALL AWARDS
The Facebook Football Awards are the only Premier League awards to be voted for by fans from around the world.
Fans can vote on seven award categories:
• Player of the Year (all players who have made at least five 2014/15 Premier League appearances as of 1 April 2015)
• Young Player of the Year (any player born on or after 1 January 1993 who made at least five 2014/15 Premier League appearances as of 1 April 2015)
• Best Premier League Club of the Year (all clubs in the Premier League)
• Manager of the Year (all managers of the Premier League)
• Content of the Year (all Premier League clubs were given the opportunity to submit their favourite piece of content from this season for fans to vote)
• BT Sport Best XI of the Year (create your best XI – the goalkeeper, 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 forwards)
• Mirror Football Fan of the Year (nominations supplied by Premier League clubs)
There are two additional award categories based on Facebook data:
• Facebook Club Performance of the Year
• Facebook Player Performance of the Year
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony that will be broadcast live on BT Sport 1 as well as streamed across Facebook.