Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Match report:<br>Blackburn 0, Spurs 0

Tottenham Hotspur (Spurs) Football Club is located in North London. The club is also known as Spurs. Tottenham's home ground is White Hart Lane. The club motto is Audere est Facere (To dare is to do).

A point was added to our Premiership tally at Ewood Park following a cagey 0-0 draw against Blackburn Rovers on Wednesday night.

It was not the most inspiring of encounters, with the home side lacking the verve to break down a resolute Spurs rearguard as our record of not conceding so far this season was maintained. Lucas Neill was dismissed as tempers frayed in the closing stages but, despite the introduction of Jermain Defoe, a point apiece it remained.

Martin Jol made three changes to the starting line-up from the one which began the Middlesbrough game at the weekend as the boys sought to build on our recent record at the home of the Rovers - two wins in our last three visits.

Robbie Keane was drafted in for his 100th Premiership game for the club - marked with the captaincy - in place of Defoe, who reverted to the substitutes bench. He was joined on the sidelines by Michael Carrick and Edgar Davids, with Michael Brown and Pedro Mendes being given their first starts of the season.

Robbie enjoys a good record at this venue, scene of his first goal in Spurs colours back in 2002 - the game where Jamie Redknapp spooned a late winner over Brad Friedel. He also netted here last season following a lung-busting surge by Michael Brown.

The game got underway at 8pm in front of a probably two-thirds looking full stadium, but it was not without noise and, once again, the Spurs section was full to brimming.

The midfield set up with Brown and Mendes providing the central axis flanked by Teemu Tainio and Andy Reid. Blackburn appeared to carry the early threat with the quick breaking Steven Reid and Brett Emerton getting forward quickly in support of lone striker Shefki Kuqi. Robbie Savage and Tugay were on patrol in front of the home back four and you suspected the game could take on a chess feel as the teams sought to outfox each other's tactical plans.

There was a clear and particularly present danger on eight minutes when Morten Gamst Pederson got the better of Paul Stalteri by the goal line inside our area, but his pass across the six yard box was too early for the slowly advancing support. Keane then forced a save out of Friedel but the ball was out of play before Reid managed to cut in back.

Pederson was not far away with a free-kick from outside the area on 14 minutes following a Brown foul on Reid. It provided due warning not to give anymore away within striking range as, had it been on target, it was have been unsaveable.

Blackburn were applying the squeeze as you would expect from the home with Emerton and Savage linking up well and the Australian nearly finding the head of Pederson - and would have done were it not for the force of Stalteri. Reid then tried his luck from distance and came dangerously close.

Michael Dawson saw yellow after Savage embarked on a mazy run towards our area on 25 minutes and was upended by the central defender. The Welshman elected to take the free-kick himself and got no further than the defensive wall.

The home side's best chance of the half came after 29 minutes after Keane gave the ball away on half way and Pederson cut inside Stalteri before slipping the ball into the path of Kuqi who shot wide under pressure from Paul Robinson.

To accurately reflect on the first half, you would have to concede that Blackburn bossed it and showed all the attacking intent. Ours was very much a containing game but we got through to the break at level-pegging - although there were a few heart in mouth moments.

The second period was only six minutes old when Davids readied himself to enter the fray with Blackburn again looking the livelier of the two teams. It was Mido who made way two minutes later with Tainio and Reid pushing forward to provide a second layer behind Keane.

It was next chance Rovers again when a Pederson cross cleared both Dawson and Gardner and presented a decent headed opportunity for Kuqi in front of goal. He seemed more surprised than anyone though and nodded tamely at Robinson.

The game reached a niggly stalemate midway through the half with tackles being mistimed - some punished, some not. At this stage, neither side looked likely to break the deadlock although Rovers were doing their best to claim a couple of penalties.

Blackburn were very fortunate not to be a man down around the 70 minute mark for what looked like a head butt on Reid by Andy Todd that the referee did not see, but the cameras did and replayed to the press box. They were reduced on 76 when Lucas Neill saw red for a second bookable offence following a foul on Davids.

A real foothold was finally established in the game and Defoe came on for Mendes with eight minutes left in an attempt to snatch a winner. It was nearly Keane, when a Davids lob put him in on Friedel, but the robust keeper was always going to be favourite.