Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Match Report - Tottenham reserves v Charlton Athletic Reserves - 17 Nov 2003

FA Premier Reserve League South

Michael Turner's late header consigned our young reserve side to defeat against Charlton on Monday night.

The result was a little harsh on the central defensive pairing of Ronnie Henry and Paul O'Donoghue after they snuffed out the main threat of Charlton's Chelsea loanee Carlton Cole.

The lads almost rescued a point two minutes from time when Lee Barnard was denied by visiting keeper Sergio Leitte and Jon Blondel's follow up was headed off the line by Jon Fortune.

But generally it was a frustrating night with defences on top and goalmouth action at a premium.

Skipper Mark Hughes put in another tireless display, Jon Blondel probed away in midfield, Dean Marney pushed on to some effect in the second half and Jamie O'Hara looked bright again as a second half substitute.

In a quiet first half, Danny Foster supported well from right-back only to see three crosses zipped in come to nothing.

Our best chance came after 11 minutes when Barnard controlled and released Ricketts who drilled in an early shot that Leitte did well to beat away.

Cole came closest to breaking the deadlock on the half-hour, leaping high to meet Stephen Hughes' corner only for Marcel McKie to stoop and head off the line. Hughes also had a half-chance but Henry, outstanding alongside O'Donoghue, was there to block.

Henry repeated the trick three minutes into the second half to block Cole, this time six yards out and Barnard was inches away from Marney's low cross after 65 minutes.

Marney's clever low free-kick around the wall flashed a yard wide but it looked like 0-0 all the way until the 79th minute when the ball broke to Varney in the area, his shot was palmed away by Burch only for Turner to loop his header back over the keeper and home.


11mins: Barnard released Ricketts, left side of box, thunderous shot beaten away well by Leite.

14mins: O'Donoghue defensive header from Hughes free-kick inches wide.

30mins: McKie stooped to head off line from Turner header from Hughes corner.

36mins: Quick free-kick from Cole eventually fell to Hughes, point-blank effort blocked by Henry.

Half-time: Spurs 0-0 Charlton

48mins: Cole onto McCafferty pass, Henry there to make superb block.

65mins: Marney break down right, Barnard inchs away from low cross.

77mins: Clever low free-kick from Marney just wide.

79mins: GOAL. Varney shot pushed away by Burch, Turner looped header back over the keeper and home. 0-1.

88mins: Ricketts injected pace down the left, threaded pass through to Barnard in the box, Leitte out quickly to block and Fortune there to head away Blondel's effort from rebound.

Spurs Reserves: Burch, Henry, O'Donoghue, Foster, Hughes, Marney, McKie, Blondel, Ricketts, Galbraith (O'Hara, 58), Barnard. Subs: Eyre, Ifil, Slabber, Barnett. Booked: Galbraith, Blondel, Marney.

Charlton: Leitte, Sankofa, Ricketts, Hughes (Wilson, 52), Turner, Fortune, Beckford, McCafferty, Gross (Cole, 17), Varney, Long. Subs: Elliot, Jackson, Ndombe. Booked: Turner, Fortune.