Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Match Report - Southampton Reserves v Tottenham reserves - 07 Oct 2003

FA Premier Reserve League South

Christian Ziege completed 90 minutes as the reserves finished all square with Southampton at St Marys on Tuesday evening.

A goal from striker Lee Barnard secured our share of the spoils on ten minutes after Saints took an early penalty lead. Barnard also appeared unfortunate to have a second half strike chalked off by the assistant referee's flag.

There was nothing cagey about the opening exchange of the game, with possession being surrendered seconds after kick-off and home striker Dexter Blackstock's surge into the area was bought to a halt by Lars Hirschfeld - illegally according to referee Mr McDermid - and a penalty was awarded after just 20 seconds.

The same player sent Hirschfeld the wrong way from the spot and Spurs were very quickly kicking off again.

However, it took only another six minutes to force Southampton into re-start mode. The lively Mark Yeates threaded the ball to Mark Hughes down the right flank and his pass dissected the home rearguard and Lee Barnard was on hand to stroke the ball home.

As the first period progressed, Ziege, Dalmat and Yeates began having greater influence on proceedings, but it was the home side who twice came close to regaining the lead. Blackstock shot just wide on the first occasion and then inexplicably spooned a shot over after being presented with a glorious shooting chance by Yoann Folly.

Hirschfeld was forced into action right at the beginning of the second half, saving smartly to his left to deny Leandre Griffit.

Five minutes into the second half, Barnard again neatly found the net following a cross from Yeates, but a late flag broke up the celebration.

Approaching the hour mark Saints hit the inside of the post with a Andrew Surman header and from the resulting corner Leon Best spurned a clear shooting chance right in front of Hirschfeld. Minutes later Barnard shot over when put through by Stephane Dalmat.

Colin Calderwood's plans were thwarted when Jamie Slabber, a replacement for Yeates, was forced off injured - leaving Colin short of striking threat. This was illustrated on 78 minutes when Hughes squared an inviting pass into the path of sub Lee Barnett, who slotted wide of a near enough open goal.

Team: Hirschfeld, Marney, Ziege, Toda, Henry, O'Donoghue, Hughes (Black 87), Dalmat, Barnard, Yeates (Slabber 56, Barnett 70), Jackson. Subs: Eyre, Foster.

Southampton: Blayney (Poke 45), Green, Cranie, Folly, Hall, Monk, Davies, Suman, Best, Blackstock (Gillett), Grifit. Subs: Mills, Gleeson, Anaclet.