Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Match Report - Fulham Reserves v Tottenham reserves - 09 Apr 2003

FA Premier Reserve League South

Steffen Iversen made a goalscoring return from injury as the reserves ran out 4-2 winners over Fulham at Woking on Wednesday evening.

The Norwegian striker struck on to level the scores after Fulham had taken an early lead and, being his first game since early February, remained on the pitch for only one half.

By the time he departed, Colin Calderwood's side were forced to come from behind again - a quick reply from young striker Lee Barnard. Anthony Gardner and sub Mark Yeates added to the score in the second half.

The Japanese press were out in force, with a number of camera crews filming what they described as the 'derby' between Kazuyuki Toda and Junichi Inamoto. Rarely, if ever, will Kingfield receive such coverage in the Far East.

The first meaningful chance of the game came on eight minutes when an Acimovic corner swung in to such an extent that home keeper Herrera was forced into desperate action to prevent the ball going directly in.

It was Fulham who took the lead on the 13 minute mark when Neil Sullivan released the ball to Alton Thelwell. The defender dispatched a a misdirected pass that was pounced on by Calum Willock, who advanced and fired in a shot that Sullivan did well to save with his feet.

Unfortunately, the ball rebounded off the backtracking Thelwell, past the despairing Sullivan and into the net. Minutes later Iversen broke clear and was just denied by the on-rushing Herrera.

Spurs were level on 30 minutes when Sullivan superbly collected a cross under pressure and quickly drop-kicked up-field. His kick was gathered by Iversen, who turned his man and fired in low just inside Herrera's left hand post.

Despite Spurs doing most of the pressing through the promptings of Blondel and Acimovic, Fulham again took the lead five minutes before the break when Willock beat Sullivan with a crossball from the right and Luke Cornwall was on hand to tap in at the far post.

The response was almost immediate, Blondel fed Marney out on the right and the captain delivered an inviting cross and it was Barnard who accepted the invitation - steering in a superb guided header past Herrera.

Iversen's comeback lasted 45 minutes and he was replaced at half-time by Rohan Ricketts, who joined Barnard in attack.

There were some frantic exchanges in the early stages of the second half without either goalkeeper being forced into action.

Acimovic then had Herrera at full-stretch from a free-kick before an Etherington cross dissected the home defence and it was Anthony Gardner who swept the ball into the net to make it 3-2 on 58 minutes.

Ricketts nearly made it four when Etherington teed him up for a clear shooting chance, but his powerful effort was tipped over by Herrera.

Spurs persisted in attempting to nail home their advantage and were rewarded for being very much the dominant force in the final third of the game when sub Yeates jinked clear of his marker on the edge of the area and slotted the ball calmly past Herrera to make it 4-2 on 90 minutes.

Herrera, Leacock, Green, Watkins, Hudson, Collins, Pratley (Timlin 80), Inamota, Cornwall, Willock, Doherty. Subs: Fazakerley, Flitney (GK), McDermott, Stratford.

Spurs: Sullivan, Marney, Foster, Toda, Thelwell, Gardner, Blondel (Hughes 87), Barnard (Yeates 80), Iversen (Ricketts 45), Acimovic, Etherington. Subs not used: Burch, Bowditch.