Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages



We'll have to do it again at the Lane after Sunday's keenly contested FA Cup third round tie against Cardiff City at Ninian Park ended in a goalless draw.

We'll have to do it again at the Lane after Sunday's keenly contested FA Cup third round tie against Cardiff City at Ninian Park ended in a goalless draw.

Chances were few and few between with Jermain Defoe just off target twice for us while Paul Robinson hardly had a save to make - Michael Chopra poked Cardiff's best opportunity wide when Lee Young-Pyo's headed back-pass fell short.

The atmosphere inside Ninian Park cranked up considerably just ahead of kick-off, although not too many of the home fans were singing along to an earlier airing of the Chas n Dave number 'Rabbit'...

It was fairly typical cup tie stuff in the first ten minutes, Dimitar Berbatov and Defoe doing enough to suggest they would be able to disrupt Cardiff's best laid defensive plans, while the home side demonstrated a desire to get the ball down and play a passing game.

It didn't need any intricate football to create the first real opening, just an undercooked header back in the direction of Robinson by Lee that was seized on by the speedy Chopra, who did manage to steer past the quickly advanced Robinson, but also wide of the post.

Midway through the half a Berbatov snapshot had Neil Alexander scrambling in the Cardiff goal, while Robinson was none too comfortable in dealing with a routine header at the other end. Cardiff's played gathered momentum and the boys were planted on the back foot for a spell, during which time Michael Dawson had to be his towering self to avert back post danger before a Chopra cross only just cleared the head of Steve Thompson.

Cardiff were certainly the livelier side going into the interval.

Defoe drilled a powerful low effort just wide of Alexander's right hand upright just after the break as a little more intent crept into the team's play. However, the intensity level of Cardiff - roared on by a full house - didn't decrease and they were very quickly into their stride on the counter attack.

Riccy Scimeca punted just wide after good work from Willo Flood down the right. It was Lennon-time, with the jet-heeled wide man entering play on 67 minutes in place of Danny Murphy.

Steed Malbranque came pretty close with a scissor kick from a Pascal Chimbonda cross as the clock ticked towards the last 15 minutes.

Both sides continued to push but it was always a case of carving out that one chance - and neither side did.