Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Lads into last eight

Tom Huddlestone and Robbie Keane booked our place in the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup after an impressive 2-0 win against Everton at the Lane on Tuesday night.

Tom Huddlestone and Robbie Keane booked a place in the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup after an impressive 2-0 win against Everton at the Lane on Tuesday night.

Huddlestone hammered home a thunderous opener in the 31st minute and Keane doubled the tally just before the hour, following up at the third attempt after Tim Howard saved his initial penalty.

Harry Redknapp was looking for our squad members to step up to the plate and he wasn't disappointed as Gareth Bale, Alan Hutton, David Bentley and Roman Pavlyuchenko all impressed - all it needed was the Russian hitman to score to complete the night.

The manager made five changes from the loss against Stoke with Hutton, Michael Dawson, Bale, Bentley and Pavlyuchenko back in the starting line-up. Peter Crouch joined Jonathan Woodgate and Aaron Lennon on the injured list from Saturday's match.

Everton included the attacking threat of Marouane Fellaini, Tim Cahill, Yakubu and Louis Saha in their starting XI and you sensed that both sides would be going for it.

That's certainly how it turned out in an open, attacking affair.

In a busy opening 10 minutes, Heurelho Gomes was stretched to the limit to tip over Saha's overhead kick, Keane was sent through by Hutton but caught in two minds - shoot or try to find Pavlyuchenko - and ended up between the both. Bentley then dragged a shot wide.

The next serious chance came after 25 minutes when Keane managed to block Lucas Neill's attempted clearance and the rebound sent Pavlyuchenko away only for his strike partner to fire wide.

This sparked another impressive spell. The best move of the half followed soon after, starting in the left-back area and involving Bale, Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Wilson Palacios, whose pass wide was dummied by Bentley for the onrushing Hutton. The full-back crossed from the byline and Pavlyuchenko was in at the near post but couldn't turn his effort on target.

Everton's best chance arrived in the 28th minute as Dan Gosling's driven corner found John Heitinga darting in but he could only glance his header wide from six yards.

We were soon back on the offensive as Assou-Ekotto tried to pick out Bale centrally, he missed it but Sylvain Distin made a hash of his clearance, Keane nipped in and poked the ball past Howard but could only watch in agony as it bounced back off the post.

The goal arrived seconds later, an absolute belter. Keane picked out Bentley and his cross from the right evaded Pavlyuchenko and ran to Huddlestone, who didn't have to check his stride as he rifled into the roof of the net.

Sebastien Bassong was then inches away from Bentley's free-kick as we went in 1-0 up at half-time.

Jo replaced Saha for Everton at half-time and, as expected, the second half simply picked up where the first left off.

Gomes was straight back into action within in a minute of the restart, clawing away Cahill's 20-yarder at full stretch and a combination of Palacios, Bentley and Keane almost opened it up for Pavkyuchenko sliding in but the ball fell kindly for Howard.

There was a moment of panic as Keane went down clutching his right leg in the 52nd minute. He had tried to get onto Huddlestone's pass through the centre and was denied by Hibbert's sliding tackle, thankfully the skipper soon returned after treatment.

Gomes parried away Jo's low strike after 56 minutes but a minute later we were celebrating at the other end.

Palacios threaded a pass through to Keane, who looked to step inside Distin and was fouled for a clear penalty.

Keane stepped up but saw his initial spot-kick saved by Howard diving to his right, Bentley was first on the scene only to see Howard back up to block his rebound, Bale tried his luck and his shot was deflected back to Keane, who volleyed high into the net for 2-0.

Typically, Everton looked to hit back straight away. Assou-Ekotto made a key block from Jack Rodwell on the hour and Gomes was forced into another save down to his left, this time from Fellaini.

Gomes' next intervention was from an unexpected source as Hutton looked to cushion a header back to his keeper in the 70th minute - but Gomes had already come half-way out to claim. Thankfully he was able to adjust and gather diving to his left.

Bentley, always looking to get on the ball, lashed just wide from 20 yards in the 78th minute and then repeated the trick two minutes later.

Bale, who had bags of energy, got to the byline in the 87th minute but Distin managed to get his toe to the cross before Pavlyuchenko - it was one of those nights in front of goal for the striker.

Fittingly, Bentley had the last effort of note in injury time when he smashed a volley just wide from a tight angle.

Spurs: Gomes; Hutton, Bassong, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto; Bentley, Palacios, Huddlestone, Bale; Keane, Pavlyuchenko.

Subs (unused): Cudicini, Naughton, Corluka, Dervite, Parrett, Jenas, Kane.

Everton: Howard; Neill, Distin, Heitinga, Hibbert; Gosling, Rodwell, Cahill, Fellaini; Yakubu, Saha (Jo, 46).

Subs (unused): Nash, Coleman, Duffy, Agard, Baxter, Wallace.