Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Keano's four-midable!

Robbie Keane grabbed four goals as we put Burnley to the sword with another five-star display and 5-0 win at the Lane.

Robbie Keane grabbed four goals as we put Burnley to the sword with another five-star display in Saturday's 5-0 win at the Lane.

This was the fourth time we've hit five goals this season after Hull, Doncaster and Preston and the skipper led from the front with finishing right out of the top drawer.

Most importantly, it was a return to winning ways in the Barclays Premier League after losses against United and Chelsea and we now have a proud record of five wins in our opening seven matches.

The damage was done in a dominant first half display as Keane's penalty and Jermaine Jenas' 20-yard strike put us 2-0 up and completely in control.

Burnley re-organised at half-time and competed well for the first half-hour after the break but were hit hard by a Keane one-two after 74 and 77 minutes to put the issue beyond doubt.

The Irish international completed an afternoon to remember with his fourth three minutes from time.

Harry Redknapp made seven changes to the side that beat Preston so convincingly in the Carling Cup on Wednesday night.

In came Carlo Cudicini, Vedran Corluka, Sebastien Bassong - fit again after his injury at Chelsea - Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Aaron Lennon, Niko Kranjcar - his first start - and Keane for Heurelho Gomes, Alan Hutton, Michael Dawson, Gareth Bale, David Bentley, Giovani and hat-trick hero Peter Crouch.

Burnley also lined-up 4-4-2 and noticably pushed Joey Gudjonsson up alongside front men Steven Fletcher and David Nugent to stop us comfortably bringing the ball out of defence.

That made for a scrappy start but we soon got to grips with it as Jenas showed the way in the 10th minute, speeding away from Gudjonsson before releasing Keane through on goal. He had time to measure his finish but Burnley keeper Brian Jensen's big frame stood firm and he blocked with his feet.

The opener was always going to be key and it arrived after 17 minutes...

Defoe was left one on one against Andre Bikey on the right side of the box, skipped past him and was chopped down for a blatant penalty. Keane made it look simple from 12 yards for 1-0.

Burnley fired a warning shot when Fletcher's 'goal' was ruled out for offside after 25 minutes - a close call - but it was one-way traffc for the rest of the half.

A wonderful one-touch passing move involving Assou-Ekotto, Keane and Jenas opened it up for Defoe but the striker placed his shot wide from close range.

The second goal arrived with 33 minutes on the clock and owed much to Keane holding off the attentions of Bikey on half-way and still managing to send Kranjcar away down the left. Kranjcar's shot was blocked, the ball ran to Jenas who controlled and drilled a low half-volley into the bottom corner from 20 yards.

Defoe tried his luck twice - it wasn't to be his afternoon - and Lennon then looked to square to the striker when he might have shot himself.

Robbie Blake provided the final action of the half with a shot comfortably saved by Cudicini and you got the feeling that Owen Coyle was pleased to hear the half-time whistle.

Blake fired another warning shot at the start of the second half, a better effort this time from the left corner of the box that Cudicini got down to well, but play soon switched to the other end and Defoe was denied again one on one by Jensen.

That was Defoe's last action as he limped out of the action, replaced by Crouch, 57 minutes on the clock.

After a somewhat scrappy period, Burnley were almost handed a route back into the game in bizarre fashion in the 69th minute. Cudicini made a routine save from Tyrone Mears' free-kick, but lost control of the ball, allowing Blake to nip in - thankfully, he hit the post from a tight angle.

Any hopes the visitors had of getting back into the game evaporated with a quickfire double from Keane.

The third came with 74 minutes on the clock and was set-up by Jenas' fine pass inside Jordan to release Lennon down the right. The winger took his time, spotted that Keane had peeled into space and his pass invited Keane to rifle into the roof of the net - he obliged.

It took only three further minutes for Keane to claim his hat-trick. Huddlestone picked out his run between defenders and delivered the pass and Keane took his time before planting a low shot across Jensen into the far corner.

Burnley were now reeling and Keane wasn't finished. With three minutes remaining, he raced onto Crouch's flick and drilled past Jensen at his near post for his fourth goal and our fifth.

And there was still time for three more golden chances!

Keane crossed for Crouch to head wide from six yards, Keane was then inches away from a fifth goal himself and our sixth when he slid in for Lennon's cross and he was there again deep into added time, when he this time opted to try and find Palacios in front of goal.

That move broke down - but it was Keane's day in the September sun.

Spurs: Cudicini; Corluka, Bassong (Dawson, 87), Huddlestone, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon (Bale, 84), Jenas, Palacios, Kranjcar; Keane, Defoe (Crouch, 57). Unused subs: Gomes, Hutton, Naughton, Bentley.

Burnley: Jensen; Mears, Carlisle, Bikey, Jordan; Elliott, Alexander, Gudjonsson, Blake (Guerrero, 80); Fletcher (Thompson, 72), Nugent (Eagles, 63). Unused subs: Penny, Duff, Caldwell, McDonald.