Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Gloom in fog for reserves

FA Premier Reserve League South

Fog engulfed Broadhall Way as Monday night's reserve encounter against Charlton ended in gloom for Colin Calderwood's men.

The far touchline was barely visible from the main stand at the start of the second half but the teams stuck at it and the visitors, outplayed in the first half, adapted better to the conditions to come from 2-0 down to win 3-2.

It could have been a different story in the first half when a decent-sized crowd were treated - and could see - some lovely football.

Indeed, with some sublime passing sequences between Acimovic, Anderton, Clemence and Rebrov, aided by Ziege and Marney down the flanks, we could have been out of sight inside 30 minutes.

Instead we went 2-0 up with Clemence, the driving force, back on the scoresheet after only three minutes. Anderton whipped in a corner to the near post area and Clemence powered home his header from eight yards.

Rebrov flicked Anderton's fine pass onto the junction of crossbar and post a minute later and Acimovic, who showed some exquisite touches in that first half, fired inches wide from 20 yards with five minutes on the clock.

Acimovic shot straight at Rachubka after turning Turner and after a quiet period, the second goal followed just after the half-hour.Clemence was again involved, bursting down the right, his cross was half-cleared to Marney whose immediately planted the ball back to the far post where Rebrov controlled and lashed home with little fuss from 12 yards.

Charlton, restricted to the occasional burst of Campbell-Ryce's pace, had to wait until the 36th minute for their first half-chance, sliced wide by Sharland, but they capitalised on a defensive mix-up to pull a goal back before the break.

Campbell-Ryce flicked a ball into the danger zone, Kelly and Hirschfeld got their wires crossed, seemingly with the aid of a Robinson shove, and the former Welsh international tapped into the empty goal.

If we had every reason to be disappointed that we were only 2-1 up at the interval, then it doubled just a minute into the second half when Kelly was punished for a push on Campbell-Ryce and Bart-Williams stroked home the penalty to level.

Youngster Michael Malcolm soon entered the fray for his reserve team debut for the injured Slabber and the next visable chance of note fell to the 17-yeard-old, forcing Ruchubka to save low after Marney's run and cross.

At the other end Robinson's cut back from the byline somehow missed three Charlton forwards in a row.

Charlton were now creating the better chances but it was a bolt from the blue that won the game as Robinson drilled home from 30 yards with 20 minutes left.

Line-ups: Spurs Reserves: Hirschfeld, Marney, Ziege, Henry, Kelly, Thatcher, Anderton, Clemence, Slabber (Malcolm, 52), Acimovic, Rebrov. Unused subs: Hughes, Burch, Galbraith, Bortolozzo.

Charlton Reserves: Rachubka, Brown, Wells (Sankofa,k 70), McCafferty, Turner, Fortune, Robinson, Martin, Sharland (Sam, 45), Campbell-Ryce, Bart-Williams. Unused subs: Snodin, Delo, Dincer.