Gary Mabbutt celebrates the achievements of Enfield’s volunteers
17 November 2014|Tottenham Hotspur
Club legend, Gary Mabbutt, joined the Mayor of Enfield, Cllr Ali Bakir, and Cllr Yasemin Brett at the Enfield 100 Hours Volunteering Awards, where the tireless work of the borough’s volunteers was acknowledged during a special ceremony.
Over 100 local people were recognised by Enfield Council for giving up 100 hours of their own time to voluntary work in the borough.
Gary Mabbutt presented each volunteer with a certificate and a limited edition pin badge at a reception held at the Civic Centre in Enfield.
Launched in 2008, the programme sees Enfield Council working in partnership with voluntary organisations to recognise good work and reward volunteers for their invaluable time they give freely to helping others. To date, over 4,000 local people of all ages have received the Enfield 100 Hours Award.
All voluntary organisations, clubs and community groups in the borough are invited to get involved in the 100 Hours scheme which aims to encourage Enfield residents to engage in voluntary work for the community.
Speaking at the event, Gary Mabbutt said: “All of the volunteers here today should be proud of their achievements. Their dedication and hard work makes a real difference to the local community and it is an honour to be here today to thank them for giving up their own time to others.”
Volunteers from the following community groups were recognised during the Awards:
• 2473 (Highlands & Southgate) Squadron Air Training Corps
• Break The Cycle
• Breathe Easy Enfield
• CancerLIFE Self Support Group
• Club Terza ETA
• Cockfosters and North Southgate Synagogue
• Community Aid
• Dance Clubs for the Visually Impaired
• Edmonton Division Girlguiding
• Enfield Carers Centre
• Enfield Disability Action
• Enfield Ignatians Rugby Club
• Enfield Parents and Children
• Enfield Saheli
• Enfield Town Football Club
• Forty Hall and Estate
• Friends of Forty Hall Park
• Girlguiding UK – Southgate Division
• Innovate Tenants and Residents Association
• Iranian Community Service
• Naree Shakti
• One-to-One Enfield
• Parent Abuse and Reconciliation Service
• Sangam Asian Elderly Ladies Group
• Southgate Adelaide Youth Football Club
• Winchmore Hill Community Care