Fulham vs Spurs - facts and stats
04 December 2013|Tottenham Hotspur
Here are the key statistics and a few facts ahead of tonight's Premier League clash at Fulham.
One stat that falls our way is that we've never lost a league match against Fulham in December! We've met on 14 occasions dating back to our first clash back in 1908, a 3-2 win in the old Division Two. We've won seven and drawn seven of our December meetings against the Cottagers.
- Hugo Lloris will make his 50th appearance for us in all competitions if he plays tonight.
- If we win tonight we will equal our longest consecutive away winning PL run at another club. We beat Norwich in four successive away PL trips from 1994 to 2011 (April 1994, Dec 1994, Dec 2004 and Dec 2011). They are the only team in the PL era we’ve beaten on four straight league visits.
- We're unbeaten this season when we’ve opened the scoring in all competitions – 14 wins, 3 draws (including the penalty shoot-out win against Hull as a draw).
- We're unbeaten in the Premier League in the last 19 matches when we’ve opened the scoring (15 wins, four draws).
- Andre Villas-Boas led us to our biggest-ever Premier League win at Fulham when we won 3-0 at Craven Cottage last season (December 1, 2012). It was our joint biggest ever league win at Fulham as we also won 4-1 there in the old Division Two in December 1919.
HEAD TO HEAD
Our biggest league win v Fulham is a four-goal margain, last achieved at the Lane, 5-1 on Boxing Day, 2007.
Our biggest league won at Fulham is a three-goal margin, last achieved last season, 3-0 on December 1.
The highest aggregate scoring game between the teams is seven goals - last in the old Division One, Fulham 3-4 Spurs, October 1, 1966.
LEAGUE vs FULHAM
- We have never lost a league match in the month of December against Fulham in our history.
- We have won six of the last seven PL meetings between the clubs (lost 1).
- We have only lost one of the last nine PL meetings (won 6, drawn 2).
- Only six of our 24 PL meetings have been drawn (three at the Lane, three at Craven Cottage). However, there has not been a draw in our last seven meetings since a 0-0 draw at Craven Cottage in December, 2009.
- We have scored two or more goals in five of our last seven PL meetings.
AWAY LEAGUE vs FULHAM
- We are unbeaten in our last four PL visits to Craven Cottage (three wins, one draw) and have won the last three.
- If we win tonight we will equal our longest consecutive away winning PL run at another club. We beat Norwich in four successive away trips from 1994 to 2011 (April 1994, Dec 1994, Dec 2004 & Dec 2011). They are the only team in the PL era we’ve beaten on four straight league visits.
- We have scored two or more goals in our last three PL visits to Craven Cottage – eight goals scored.
- We have scored in eight of our 11 PL trips to Fulham – last failed in 0-0 draw in December 2009 (Boxing Day).
- We've lost just six of our last 35 PL matches.
- We've scored in 23 of our last 29 PL matches.
- We're unbeaten when we've opened the scoring this season.
- We've only lost three of our last 17 away PL matches.
- We've scored in 23 of our last 27 away matches in the PL.
- Hugo Lloris is set to make his 50 appearance in all competitions for us at Fulham.
- Hugo has kept 11 clean sheets in his 16 appearances for us this season.
- Brad Friedel has won 10 career PL matches against Fulham - he's not won more than that against other clubs (also 10 vs Newcastle, Bolton).
- Michael Dawson has lost just one of his last nine PL appearances against Fulham and has kept five clean sheets in the last six PL matches he's started against the Cottagers.
- Younes Kaboul scored his first goal for us against Fulham, a 3-3 draw in September, 2007.
- Kyle Naughton played 90 minutes in our PL wins against Fulham last season.
- Jan Vertonghen played alongside Fulham goalkeeper Marten Stekelenburg at Ajax, winning Dutch title there in 2010-11.
- Jan has started 47 of our last 50 PL matches.
- Kyle Walker ended a 70-match run without a goal for us against United on Sunday.
- Kyle has started 86 of our last 89 PL matches.
- Kyle scored his first-ever PL goal against Fulham during his time on loan at Villa, February, 2011.
- Nacer Chadli played against Fulham for FC Twente in the Europa League, December, 2011.
- Nacer played alongside Fulham's Bryan Ruiz for FC Twente in Holland, won 2011 Dutch Cup.
- Mousa Dembele made 75 appearances for Fulham between joining them from AZ in 2010 and joining us in August, 2012.
- Mousa remains the only player to feature in all of our 22 matches so far this season.
- Aaron Lennon's first win for Spurs was against Fulham in September, 2005 - he's now unbeaten in his last seven appearances against the Cottagers.
- Sandro's first PL away game for us was against Fulham in October, 2010.
- Sandro scored in the corresponding match almost a year ago, a 3-0 win on December 1, 2012.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson scored twice for Swansea against Fulham in March, 2012.
PLAYED FOR BOTH IN PL
Nineteen players have played for both Spurs and Fulham in the PL era - Dimitar Berbatov, Darren Bent, Michael Brown, Sean Davis, Clint Dempsey, Kasey Keller, Stephen Kelly, Danny Murphy, Scott Parker, Wayne Routledge, Louis Saha, Paul Stalteri, Adel Taarabt, Bobby Zamora, Simon Davies, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Paul Konchesky, Steed Malbranque and Mousa Dembele.