Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Fortune smiling on Les

English Barclays Premiership

Les Ferdinand is desperately trying not to get carried away with his superb return to fitness and form in Scandinavia. Our injury-ravaged striker is back in business after Achilles trouble ended his season - barring a brief, unsuccessful return in March - in September.

After more surgery in May and working overtime at the training ground in the summer, Ferdinand made his long-awaited comeback against Swedish side Skelleftea last Wednesday. Forty-five minutes without any reaction was capped with a goal and he looked sharp again in getting on the scoresheet against Tervarit in Finland on Saturday.

However, the despair of his aborted March return is clearly at the back of Ferdinand's mind. "I'm trying not to get too excited because I did last season and said that I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, but unfortunately the problem hadn't cleared up and I was left disappointed again.

"This time around I'm keeping my mouth shut, getting on with my work and getting as many games under my belt as possible. That's the main thing now. To get back used to playing games and into match situations. That's what I need right now."

Big Les certainly looked back to his best in converting his half-chance on Saturday, showing plenty of aggression and desire to get to Chris Armstrong's cross first. He also hit the post in that match and could have scored more.

He added: "We've played a couple of games, I've scored a couple of goals and in the last game, got through 75 minutes. It's all good progress.

"I got to a stage before we went away when I said that I'd done everything I needed to, and the real test last time when I came back was the first game. I played for 45 minutes then and couldn't play the next 45.

"This time around I played 45 minutes in the first game and felt I could go on. I felt that I wasn't getting any problems from it. I played again on Saturday for 75 minutes and had no reaction to it. I think at last, the Big Fella up there is smiling down on me."

Photographs courtesy of Action Images Ltd.

More Spurs News>>