Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages

#TOTEVE #U18 #Under18PL #MatchReport

Everton U18s 2-2 Spurs U18s

Report from Finch Farm

11 April 2015|Tottenham Hotspur

Luke Amos experienced contrasting emotions in 22 second half minutes as our Under-18s drew 2-2 at Everton on Saturday morning.

After Shayon Harrison’s opener had been cancelled out by Nathan Holland before the break, the hard-working Amos fired us back in front on the hour mark at Finch Farm.

But he didn’t complete the game as he clashed with Everton’s Liam Walsh eight minutes from time – both players being sent off as a result.

The Toffees then equalised once more through Michael Donohue as the spoils were shared in the Barclays Under-18 Premier League.

It was our first domestic match since March 21 following our participation at the Bellinzona Tournament in Switzerland but we created plenty of chances, the first arriving 20 minutes in when Charlie Owens curled just off target from 25 yards out.

Harrison shot over the top three minutes later, before firing us into a 31st-minute lead when he finished across goalkeeper Mateusz Hewelt and into the bottom corner from the left side of the box.

Everton were level seven minutes later, though, as they broke away following a turnover in midfield with Walsh playing in Holland to finish beyond advancing custodian Tom Glover.

Undeterred by the prospect of playing against the wind in the second half, we almost regained the lead just 40 seconds after the interval. Ismail Azzaoui found Harrison, who picked out Zenon Stylianides with a reverse pass – the latter striking just wide of the post.

The Toffees might have grabbed the upper hand on 50 minutes when Walsh sent in a dangerous free-kick, but Delial Brewster couldn’t quite get his head to the ball as he dived in at the back post under pressure from Joe Muscatt.

Left-back Muscatt was involved at the other end on 58 minutes, picking out Amos on the edge of the box – only for Hewelt to save the midfielder’s effort.

Kyle Walker-Peters then drove in from the right and cut back for Owens, who shot narrowly over, before we made it 2-1 with 60 minutes gone. Azzaoui cut in from the left, beat two players and shot towards goal – his effort taking a deflection in the box. Amos was alive to it, clipping the ball over Hewelt at the back post to restore our lead.

We might have grabbed a third goal mid-way through the half when Azzaoui passed to Owens, whose defence-splitting ball found Stylianides on the right. With Hewelt advancing off his line, Stylianides tried a square ball into the path of the onrushing Harrison – but agonisingly it rolled behind for a goal-kick with Harrison just unable to get there.

Amos and Walsh received their marching orders on 82 minutes, clashing with each other after Everton were awarded a free-kick, with the hosts grabbing an equaliser three minutes later.

A long throw from Arlen Birch was brought down in the box by Jack Bainbridge – the ball breaking to Donohue, who rifled high into the net to secure a share of the spoils for his side.

Spurs U18s: Glover, Walker-Peters, Muscatt, Amos, Maghoma, Walkes, Daly (Georgiou 62), Stylianides (Goddard 72), Harrison, Owens, Azzaoui (Loft 78). Substitutes (not used): Marsh, McDermott (GK).