Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Dream debut for Andros

Andros Townsend marked his debut with the key opening goal as we put a spirited Charlton side to the sword 3-0 in the FA Cup on Sunday.

Andros Townsend marked his debut with the key opening goal as we put a spirited Charlton side to the sword 3-0 in the FA Cup on Sunday.

The young winger came in for his first appearance on the back of impressive loan spells at Yeovil, Orient, MK Dons and Ipswich Town in the last couple of seasons.

And he grasped his chance with both hands on the White Hart Lane stage in this third round encounter.

He looked bright as as a button as we struggled to open the visitors up in a goalless first half before planting a 25-yarder into the bottom corner to break the deadlock four minutes into the second half.

The goal completely changed the game and a quickfire double from Jermain Defoe on the hour put the issue beyond doubt.

It's also worth noting the impact that Luka Modric had after entering the fray as a second half substitute.

Modric started on the bench as one of nine changes to the team that stepped out at Everton on Wednesday night.

Townsend started down the right with Niko Kranjcar on the left, Sandro was back in midfield and Jermain Defoe was back in after his three-match suspension.

As expected, former Spurs Johnnie Jackson and Gary Doherty lined-up in Charlton's 4-5-1 system and the visitors proved tough to break down in the first half.

Townsend was involved early, ideal for his confidence and the young winger impressed in the first half.

Kranjcar curled the first decent effort of the match just wide from a free-kick after 13 minutes and Pavlyuchenko's 20-yarder was too hot to handle for Elliot soon after.

Defoe's shot was deflected wide and Elliot did much better to palm away Pavlyuchenko's volley when the pair came up against each other again after 38 minutes.

Wagstaff sidefooted wide from Jackson's cutback before Pavlyuchenko looped a header onto the roof of the net just before the whistle.

Modric's arrival for Palacios gave the team that added imputus in the second half and once Townsend struck in the 49th minute, any lingering pressure was lifted.

Carlo Cudicini had to touch away Fry's piledriver before our best spell put the match to bed.

Pavlyuchenko had Elliot at full stretch before Modric fired inches wide. Defoe then fashioned a dipper just wide from the edge of the box and you sensed a second was on its way.

It arrived just two minutes later. Defoe picked the ball up 30 yards from goal, turned away from Semedo and then used the space from Pavlyuchenko's clever run to speed around Christian Dailly and then angle his shot back across Elliot into the far corner.

Two soon became three and this was all about Defoe's quick feet in the box.

He initially looked for Modric but got the ball back and was away from Dailly and Doherty in a flash. Elliot palmed out his first shot but there was no stopping the rebound.

Townsend contined to tear up and down the right flank and whistled a shot just wide in the 75th minute.

Assou-Ekotto went close twice and it was left to Cudicini to keep a clean sheet with fine saves from Reid, Sodje and Doherty in added time.

Spurs (4-4-2): Cudicini; Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto; Townsend, Palacios, Sandro, Kranjcar; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko. Subs: Pletikosa, Hutton, Jenas, Lennon, Modric, van der Vaart.

Charlton (4-5-1): Elliot; Francis, Doherty, Dailly, Fry; Jackson, Racon, Semedo, McCormack (Reid, 61), Anyinsah (Sodje, 70); Wagstaff. Subs: Worner, Llera, Abbott, Fortune, Jenkinson.

Goals: Spurs - Townsend 49, Defoe 58, 60.

Attendance: 35,698.

Referee: Mr M Oliver.