Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Dramatic win caps perfect week!

Aaron Lennon's dramatic late winner capped a perfect week to make it four successive victories for Harry Redknapp's men after we came from behind against Liverpool at the Lane.

Aaron Lennon's dramatic late winner capped a perfect week to make it four successive victories for Harry Redknapp's men after we came from behind against Liverpool at the Lane.

Injuries to Rafael van der Vaart and Younes Kaboul, along with Martin Skrtel's opener, made it a first half to forget against the Reds.

And despite another penalty miss, this time from Jermain Defoe, the lads rallied in the second half to complete a perfect week.

Luka Modric was the instigator of the equaliser with a breathtaking run finished off by Skrtel - this time scoring at the wrong end after 67 minutes.

And just when it looked like the spoils would be shared, Lennon raced away out of the blue in stoppage time for his first goal of the season and a timely one at that!

Harry Redknapp received a massive boost before the game with the news that Van der Vaart was fit enough to start having been 50/50 with an ankle injury.

But he only lasted 10 minutes of the game before pulling up hurt after latching onto a Peter Crouch knock down.

He was replaced by the fit again Defoe, who joined Crouch up-front in a more orthodox 4-4-2 formation.

But we were to suffer a further blow later on in the first half when in-from defender Kaboul had to be replaced having injured himself blocking a shot.

Our misery was compounded when we fell behind minutes before half-time when we failed to clear our lines at a free-kick and Skrtel poked home from inside the box.

Before this it had been a rather cagey yet entertaining first half as we looked to build on our three straight wins in all competitions.

Maxi Rodriguez went close for the visitors early on and also pulled a fantastic save out of Heurelho Gomes with a 20 yard effort.

At the other end, Liverpool had their captain Jamie Carragher to thank for a life-saving last ditch challenge to deny Defoe yards out after Modric's shot had been parried out to him.

After the opener, the game really opened up, starting with a flurry of action in first half injury time.

Liverpool should have made it 2-0 when Fernando Torres played a delightful reverse pass into the path of Maxi who ran in on goal but delayed a shot, trying to go around Gomes and losing his footing.

Straight down the other end, Crouch got in front of his marker but couldn't make a clean connection with Gareth Bale's cross before Torres then raced away on the counter, only for Kaboul's replacement Sebastien Bassong to recover and make an excellent last ditch tackle.

The second half continued in that frantic theme with almost a replica incident the first action of it.

Again, Torres got clear of our defence. Again, Bassong showed a great turn of pace to track the Spaniard down and make the crucial block.

It almost inspired us to really find our stride and Bale was somewhat unfortunate soon after to see his shot cleared off the line by Raul Meireles after Pepe Reina had flapped at Lennon's cross.

But our big chance soon came when, as at the Emirates last week, the opposition's defensive wall conceded a penalty with David Ngog the man guilty for handling Bale's effort on the hour mark.

Defoe was the man who stepped up in an attempt to announce his return, but he scuffed his effort wide for our third penalty miss in the space of four games.

So it was left to a man in excellent form at the moment to make the most out of our spell of pressure and carve out an equaliser less than 10 minutes later.

Modric picked up the ball around 40 yards out and made a delightful direct run all the way into the box, brushing bigger men aside, before laying the ball across goal for the outstretched leg of Skrtel to put past his own goalkeeper.

Both teams then went in search of the winner. Meireles went closest for Liverpool with a fierce 20 yard drive that sailed inches wide of Gomes' left hand post.

And it was looking like it wasn't going to be our afternoon when Defoe volleyed Lennon's knock down into the roof of the net only to see the effort ruled out for offside.

But five minutes of stoppage time were allowed at the end of the game and it gave us the belief to go and take all three points.

Lennon's finish was cool, calm and collected and he nearly doubled his tally and our lead before the game was out in another memorable afternoon in N17!

Spurs (4-4-1-1): Gomes; Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul (Bassong, 36), Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Palacios, Modric, Bale; Van der Vaart (Defoe, 11 (Sandro, 90)); Crouch
Subs not used: Cudicini, Corluka, Kranjcar, Pavlyuchenko

Liverpool (4-4-2): Reina; Johnson, Carragher (Kyrgiakos, 87), Skrtel, Konchesky; Kuyt, Lucas, Meireles, Maxi; Ngog (Aurelio, 74), Torres
Subs not used: Jones, Poulsen, Shelvey, Babel, Jovanovic

Goals: Spurs - Skrtel 65 og, Lennon 90. Liverpool - Skrtel 42.

Attendance: 35,962.

Referee: Mr M Atkinson.