City vs Spurs - stats
22 November 2013|Tottenham Hotspur
Here are a few statistics ahead of Sunday's trip to Manchester City in the Premier League.
We kick-off at 1.30pm at the Etihad Stadium as we return to action after the international break.
STATS v CITY
- We've won 20 of our 32 matches against City in the Premier League - our highest number of wins against any team in the Premier League era. That includes nine away wins, which is again higher than any other club. Our next highest is eight at Blackburn.
- Our last meeting in April saw us come from 1-0 down win 3-1 at the Lane. That ended a four-match losing sequence against City.
- We've only lost seven of our 32 meetings with City in the Premier League - four of those have come in the last five.
- There has only been one 0-0 draw in our last 19 meetings in the Premier League, at the Lane in August, 2010.
- We have kept 12 clean sheets in 32 Premier League matches against City.
- Both teams have scored in our last four meetings, 18 goals in total.
- Our last win at the Etihad was in May, 2010 when Peter Crouch's header secured a place in the top four and Champions League qualification for the 2010-11 season.
- We've scored in 14 of our 16 visits to City.
Biggest league win v City - A four-goal margin on two occasions, the last, 5-1 in the old Division One, February 1958.
Biggest league win at City - Two goals, both in the Premier League, the last a 2-0 success in January, 2006.
Highest aggregate scoring league game - Eight goals, City beat us 6-2 in Division One in March, 1962.
HAT-TRICKS v CITY
Only three players have scored hat-tricks against City - Jimmy Cantrell in 1912, Bobby Smith in 1958 and the most recent, Nayim's treble in our FA Cup quarter-final win at Maine Road almost 20 years ago, March 1993.
- We've conceded just one away league goal this season - the best record of any teams in Italy, Spain, France, Germany and England.
- This is our best defensive start to a Premier League season, just six goals conceded after 11 games and equals our best after 11 league games set in 1919-20, in the old Second Division.
- We've only lost five of our last 33 matches in the Premier League.
- We've scored in 22 of our last 27 Premier League matches.
- We've only lost one of our last nine and two of our last 16 away matches in the Premier League.
ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS - 50
Sunday's match represents Andre's 50th Premier League match as Head Coach of Spurs.
- Andre has the best win percentage (55%) and best points average (1.87 per game) of our managers in the Premier League era.
- He has also led us to more wins in his first 50 Premier League matches (27 before Sunday).
- Last season, Andre led us to a points high in the Premier League (72) and most away wins in a Premier League campaign (10).
MICHAEL DAWSON - 300
If he plays, Michael will clock up 300 appearances for us in all competitions.
- We have a win percentage of 46.8% in Michael's 299 matches and we've lost just 25.7%.
- Michael joined us in January, 2005 and made his debut in a 2-2 draw at Liverpool on April 16, 2005.
- His home debut came in a 1-1 draw against West Brom on April 20, 2005 and his first win was 5-1 against Villa on May 1, 2005.
- Michael's first goal for us came in the Premier League win against Chelsea on November 5, 2006.