Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Carr, Poyet, Perry back in stalemate

FA Premier Reserve League South

Gus Poyet and Stephen Carr completed their first competitive 90 minutes of the season as Monday night's reserve encounter against Watford ended in stalemate.

Poyet looked his enthusiastic self darting from box to box and getting on the end of a couple of rare chances in his first outing since limping out of Gillingham's Priestfield Stadium in July.

Carr had a quieter night on his return after damaging his hamstring on the opening day of the Premiership season at Everton.

With Chris Perry also back from a gashed knee, it was another positive night for first team priorities.

Unfortunately, it wasn't such a good night for the reserves, whose sublime passing football of recent weeks never really got into gear. However, they didn't look like losing either and the energy levels of the likes of Dean Marney and Mark Hughes deserved more.

The first half was a disjointed affair as neither side seemed able to hold onto the ball or impose themselves for any period of time.

Not surprisingly, therefore, few chances were created. Lee Barnard clipped our best effort just over after quick feet from Poyet opened up half a yard on the edge of the box.

At the other end, Ben Herd shot tamely wide after collecting Jack Smith's pass and, the best chance of the half, Dominic Foley headed Stephen Hughes' corner straight at Lars Hirschfeld from 12 yards.

The second half picked up a gear but chances were still few and far between.

Just after the hour Dean Marney's endeavour down the left and low cross found the late-arriving Diego Bortolozzo, who volleyed wide from 15 yards.

The chance of the match arrived 10 minutes later. Poyet latched onto a clearance, had the strength to hold off his marker, turn into the box and shoot. Baardsen was equal to it, substitute Jamie Slabber pounced on the rebound only to side-foot it onto the crossbar.

Watford hit back with their only threatening effort of the half as Smith curled in a free-kick and Dominic Blizzard headed wide with the goal at his mercy.

Poyet swivelled to fire just over with 10 minutes left as we looked the only side likely to grab a winner.

That said, Watford almost went and stole it in injury time as Hirschfeld produced a magnificent save to tip over Paulo Vernazza's header.

Line-ups: Spurs Reserves: Hirschfeld, Carr, Galbraith (S Kelly, 29), Hughes, Henry, Perry (Slabber, 65), Bortolozzo, Poyet, Barnard, Marney, Ricketts. Unused subs: Burch, Snee, Wettner.

Watford Reserves: Baardsen, Herd, Smith, Hughes (Vernazza, 45), Mahon, Ifil, Swonnell, Godfrey, Foley (Patterson, 45), Johnson (Blizzard, 63), Matthews. Unused subs: Lee, Williams.