CARLING CUP FINAL: OUT THE TOUTS!
The Club is aware of a number of tickets for Sunday's Carling Cup Final being made available on various internet and auction sites.
The Club is aware of a number of tickets for Sunday's Carling Cup Final being made available on various internet and auction sites.As previously advised, we take the touting of tickets for any match very seriously and, with tens of thousands of Spurs fans missing out on attending the Carling Cup Final due to the sheer demand for our 31,018 tickets, the Club is using all of its available resources to protect the good name of the Club and the interests of the many genuine Spurs fans by identifying, tracing and taking very strong action against anyone attempting to sell their tickets illegally. As such, we have now identified several One Hotspur season ticket holders and members.
All supporters should be aware that the following action is now being taken:
- Carling Cup Final tickets, identified as being touted, have been cancelled - without refund - and holders of those tickets will be refused entry to Wembley Stadium.
- Wembley’s safety and security team have been fully briefed on the block, row and seat number of the touted tickets and, in the very unlikely event that someone gains entry to the Stadium with a touted ticket, Wembley’s stewards, assisted where necessary by the Police, will eject those supporters who then also risk arrest.
- The original purchasers of the touted Cup Final ticket – and those who have bought a touted ticket - will also see their One Hotspur season ticket or membership cancelled - without refund.
- Cancelled season ticket tickets will then be offered for re-sale to One Hotspur Bronze members currently waiting for the opportunity to become a season ticket holder.
- One Hotspur members whose Cup Final tickets and season tickets have been cancelled will also be banned from attending future matches at White Hart Lane and from holding season tickets or One Hotspur memberships for an indefinite period.
- Any One Hotspur season ticket holder or member attempting to tout their tickets will also put at risk ALL other tickets that may have been purchased as part of a group booking. Tickets identified as being part of a group booking where tickets have been touted will be subject to additional security checks on the day, including photo ID requests. These tickets may also be cancelled.
- One Hotspur members caught touting Carling Cup Final tickets also risk being “named and shamed” in future match programmes.
The Club has fully briefed the Supporters’ Trust on its ongoing actions and has received the Supporters’ Trust full support.
In the next 72 hours leading up to Sunday’s match, the Club will step up its activities to prevent Carling Cup Final tickets being touted. One Hotspur members are strongly advised NOT to tout their Carling Cup Final tickets.
If you are holding a Carling Cup Final ticket and you are unable to attend the match, you should contact the Ticket Office who will do their best to re-allocate your ticket to a supporter who has not been as lucky in securing a ticket to date.
Thank you to the many supporters that have kindly assisted the Club in alerting us to ticket touts and for the other helpful information we have received.