Are you lost? See if these links help.

Social Channels

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Korean
  • Weibo
  • Youku
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Sites & Languages


Andre reflects on DW draw

Andre Villas-Boas paid tribute to the lads for salvaging a 2-2 draw at Wigan after admitting the match ‘wasn’t going our way’ in the second half.

The clock had ticked into the 89th minute at the DW Stadium when Tom Huddlestone drilled a free-kick low into the box and the ball cannoned home off defender Emmerson Boyce.

We then went close twice in injury time to grabbing maximum points.

First of all, on a breakaway, Gareth Bale was inches away from Clint Dempsey’s cross with the goal at his mercy.

Then, in the final seconds, Gareth’s free-kick was palmed away by Wigan goalkeeper Joel Robles and follow-ups from Tom Huddlestone and Jermain Defoe were blocked in the scramble.

It was a thrilling finale after a difficult second half, where Callum McManaman fired Wigan ahead after 49 minutes.

Earlier, Gareth opened the scoring after nine minutes but Wigan responded through Boyce’s header just two minutes later. We went on to dominate the first half – 10-2 on shots – but were held 1-1 at half-time and then had to settle for the late, late equaliser.

“It’s always difficult when you play away from home in the Premier League and it could turn out to be a positive point,” reflected Andre at the DW.

“At this stage of the season, it doesn’t really serve either team, because we both wanted to win and that’s why you saw both teams attack each other when it went to 2-2.

“We deserved a little better for what we did in the first half, or at least not going 2-1 down at the beginning of the second half.

“We were looking confident at half-time, but credit to Wigan. I think we were affected a little bit when they scored and they are a very difficult team to break down. They close the spaces and we couldn’t get in behind them.

“The game wasn’t going our way. The boys did well in the end to get back to 2-2 and we had big chances at the end.”